- Table View
- List View
A-KICKIN' AND A-GRINNIN' The tiny Caribbean tourist trap of Union Island wants to declare its independence from the U.S. And while baby-faced island leader Greg Grom's "Free Union Island" movement is taken about as seriously as a summer day, good ol' Greg is touring Dixieland's hot spots, from the honky-tonks to the hee-haws, trying to rally support for the cause. And some weird stuff is happening. ... Ordinary beer-swilling, foot-stomping, linedancing yahoos are running amok, brawling like beasts on a rampage. Remo Williams--currently not experiencing a lot of job satisfaction as Reigning Master--spots the connection between the doofball from Union Island and the redneck killer zombies. And he's pretty sure Greg is slipping something into the local brew, but the why is another matter. No biggie. Remo's not in a mood to make friends, or deal with Chiun's abuse or CURE's insults. He's here to smoke some bacon. Happily.
FACT OR FISH STORY? A strange seismic disturbance in the South Pacific has put the world in a fighting mood. Violence is especially high among the peaceniks, as spiritualists morph into savage mobs. Scientists acknowledge that the oceans are shrinking, but nobody can explain why. Chiun knows. It is Sa Mangsang, the Dream Thing, an Elder God disturbed from his slumber who will drink the oceans dry and end life on earth. Harold Smith doesn't buy the supernatural entity theory. He attributes the global bloodlust to the growing pressure and gravitational fluctuations from the water displacement. Steam vents as big as volcanoes burst open around the world. But is it free geothermal power...or a death knell? A typhoon smashes Hawaii; the Amazon is a killer sauna; Rocky Mountain skiers are steamed like clams. Is the world succumbing to a theoretical tectonic hollow...or the will of a giant squid? Either way, it just won a date with Remo, who's ready to fry some calamari.
MEAT OFF THE BONE A giant squid found in the wake of a bizarre oceanic maelstrom dies in a Chicago aquarium. But its eggs are bursting with life-as in megavolts of killer electricity that are luring victims to their death. Sort of. Human flesh zapped into bite-size pieces, the unwilling leftovers manage to pull themselves back together, staying fresh until the next meal. But one of the unlucky entrees is now pulsating with evil energy, becoming stronger as it fries and consumes hapless citizens. Harold Smith reads the situation clearly: this lightning rod of killing power is given the task of protecting the eggs until they reach full earth-consuming maturity. Remo enters the fray, only to discover that this highwattage freak and a huddle of monstrous baby squid are more than ready to take their pound of flesh from the Masters of Sinanju.
When a bunch of greedy professors stole his patent idea, engineering geek Harry Kilgore got mad. And he got even. With his portable air cannon, capable of smashing anything to smithereens with the pure gravitational hammering of a 300 mph gust of wind, he can blow off rocks, bullets, poison gas, Masters of Sinanju--and, of course, all sense of ethics, morality and the law. Harry is stoked on the glory that nothing can stop him from doing whatever his crazy mood strikes-and right now, that means extorting billions of fun money from a Colombian drug cartel. As this maniacal geek and his supersonic air cannon leave a trail of pulverized victims in his wake, CURE must stop him before he rules the world with his mighty wind. So how does Remo figure on blowing Harry out of commission? Blow harder.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.