- Table View
- List View
"I often shrink from books about prayer, because they usually produce in me feelings of inadequacy. I was delighted to find Tim Jones to be a sympathetic, not intimidating, guide. He writes with humility, clarity, and practicality-exactly the qualities I want in a book on prayer."-Philip YanceyRevised and Expanded Edition with Study Guide Included"Timothy Jones...guides us into a life of prayer not by cramming us with knowledge and technique, but by quietly returning us to simplicity of soul and the presence of God."-Eugene PetersonSomething within us wants to grow closer to the God who loves to relate to us. But we often hesitate. Even though we have a desire to pray, questions nag us:Can I pray when I feel distant from God?Is it okay to ask God for help in "little" things?What do I do when I don't know what to say?What sense can I make of seemingly unanswered prayer?How do I keep growing closer to God?In The Art of Prayer, Timothy Jones honestly shares his own struggles with prayer and invites you to be honest-and hopeful-as well. Offering biblically wise, warmly instructive explorations of our questions, Jones considers how you can become fluent in the world's simplest language: talking with God.Includes a full-length inductive Bible study guide on prayer, ideal for small groups or individual readers."...wisely human, spiritually practical, and wonderfully interesting."- the late Lewis Smedes, author of My God and I"...luminous prose and...lucid insights."-Publishers WeeklyFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Encourages building friendships for accountability in the Christian faith.
Want More for Your Prayer Life!Few areas of the Christian life inspire more resolutions--or create more guilt--than prayer. Most of us share the longing expressed by Jesus' disciples, "Lord, teach us to pray." Like them, we see a depth and reality in Jesus' relationship with the Father that makes us restless for something more. The wonderful news is that Scripture is filled with guidance for talking with God. As we study and apply its teaching, our own prayer life will become intimate and fruitful, daily growing more like the prayers of Jesus. 12 Sessions for Individuals or GroupsFisherman Bible Studyguides include: . Penetrating questions that generate discussion. . Flexible format for groups or individual needs. . Helpful leader's notes.. Emphasis on daily application of Bible truth.
From the Book Jacket: Libby Riddles wanted an adventure. At age 16 she left home for the snowy wilderness of Alaska, the Last Frontier. There her love of animals drew her to the sport of sled dog racing. When she entered the Iditarod, the famous marathon from Anchorage to Nome, she was just another Iditarod Nobody. Twelve hundred miles later, having conquered blizzards, extreme cold, and exhaustion, she and her dogs crossed the final stretch of sea ice, miles ahead of the nearest competitor... and suddenly she realized: I will be the first woman to win the Iditarod. This is the story of a courageous woman and her heroic dogs. This is the story of Libby Riddles's adventure.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.