- Table View
- List View
The third edition of this market leading book has been thoroughly updated and expanded, with additional contributions from experts in the field, to include all new drugs available to the anaesthetist and intensive care specialist. Basic pharmacological principles, vital to understanding how individual drugs actually have their effects, are dealt with methodically and with many highly annotated diagrams and tables. With hospital infections becoming increasingly prevalent, the important section on antibiotics has been further expanded. With the third edition, this well established title continues to provide its readers with the most concise yet comprehensive coverage of all aspects of pharmacology. An ideal aid to study and practice for junior and trainee anaesthetists, critical care nurses and all physicians and healthcare professionals working in theatre, accident and emergency departments or intensive care units.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.