- Table View
- List View
Cambodia, 2001 - a country re-emerges from a half century of war, genocide, famine and cultural collapse.Detective Maier travels to Phnom Penh, the Asian kingdom's ramshackle capital, to find the missing heir to a Hamburg coffee empire.As soon as the private eye and former war reporter arrives in Cambodia, his search for the young coffee magnate leads into the darkest corners of the country's history and back in time, through the communist revolution to the White Spider, a Nazi war criminal who hides amongst the detritus of another nation's collapse and reigns over an ancient Khmer temple deep in the jungles of Cambodia.Maier uncovers a tale of mass murder that reaches from the Cambodian Killing Fields back to Europe's concentration camps. But it is a tale not yet finished and Maier soon realises that, if he is to prevent more innocent lives from being destroyed, he will have to write the last terrifying chapter himself.
Moon Spotlight Angkor Wat is a 60-page compact guide covering the best of this Cambodian city, including the remaining temples of Angkor-Phnom Wat Bakheng, Thomanon, and Neak Pean. Travel journalist and screenwriter Tom Vater offers his firsthand advice on what sights are must-sees, and sightseeing highlight maps make planning your time easy. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on sights, entertainment, shopping, recreation, accommodations, food, and transportation. Helpful maps guide travelers through this richly-historical region of Cambodia. This Spotlight guidebook is excerpted from Moon Cambodia.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.