One Mama Duck paddles and quacks. One, two, three ducklings swim behind, but the fourth little duckling dawdles and dreams, preens and plays, splashes and spins . . . A cheerful reassuring tale of youthful rebellion and parental protection--with an exciting surprise ending!
HEAR YE! HEAR YE! COMMENCING THIS DAY, LIBERTY SCHOOL SHALL FIRE UP WITH READING! Patty Lee desperately wants to be the top reader in the fourth grade and earn the right to wear the dragon costume in the Read Across America Day parade--but will Carmen Rosa Pena read her out of the running? The race is on as Patty Lee devours books, read-alouds, and audiobooks. But with Carmen in the lead, Patty Lee turns to Mrs. Skorupski for a new plan that just might put her at the top. In this second Mrs. Skorupski story the quirky, heavily accessorized school librarian inspires students to expand their reading experiences, cheering them on with her signature "Okily dokily." Join the excitement as everyone gets fired up with reading!
2013 Caldecott Honor Book. <P> When well-mannered Elliot reluctantly visits the aquarium with his distractible father, he politely asks whether he can have a penguin--and then removes one from the penguin pool to his backpack. The fun of caring for a penguin in a New England Victorian house is followed by a surprise revelation by Elliot's father.
One Mama Duck plays hide-and-seek. ONE, TWO, THREE ducklings disappear. But the fourth little duckling ... Gets some help from his friends! Will Mama be able to find him when he's hiding behind Turtle, or Frog, or Fish? Ollie, ollie, in free! Here's a happy, funny tale of friendship, cooperation, and the joy of play.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.