- Table View
- List View
Written by one of the top job placement experts in the U.S. - the man Dr. Phil calls on when addressing this important subject, "The Job Search Solution" shows how to stop feeling anxiety and actually take control of the job search process. The book provides a comprehensive system for managing every aspect of the job search, revealing real-world strategies with the inspirational guidance job seekers so desperately need.
The job market is awash with qualified applicants. Yet employers rarely select based solely on merit. Instead, most hiring decisions are gut-level evaluations made in the first few minutes of an interview. What people say determines who lands a job and who does not. Hiring expert Tony Beshara knows the words that trigger "yes" in the minds of employers--and in his handy new book, he arms candidates with hundreds of ready-to-use responses to even the toughest interview questions. Covering entry-level to executive positions and encompassing all industries, this quick-reference guide propels job seekers through every stage of the process. Readers learn power phrases to: * Get their foot in the door * Clearly communicate their skills, strengths, and experience--and why they would be a perfect fit * Make a great impression at the crucial opening and close * Score high on the likability factor * Dispel lingering concerns about work history * Give follow-up emails real impact * Negotiate a strong job offer * And more After all, when it's time to choose between a candidate who is perfect on paper and one who is persuasive in person, there's no contest. Powerful Phrases for Successful Interviews gives you the right words to make the difference every time.
What does Tony Beshara do that most resume 'experts' don't? While the experts write resumes all day, Tony the veteran placement specialist featured regularly on the Dr. Phil show actually uses them to get people jobs. With "Unbeatable Resumes", Tony dissects and discusses real-life resumes for jobs in a wide range of industries from healthcare to banking, construction to technology, administration to sales and marketing, and more. The book shows readers how to build a powerful resume, utilize keywords effectively, use gaps and job changes to their advantage, and pair their resumes with concise, dynamic cover letters. He complements his expertise (he has personally placed more than 8,500 professionals) with the results of a survey of more than 3,000 managers, executives, HR specialists, and other hiring authorities about what gets resumes read, interviews granted, and jobs offered. Readers will learn: the critical components of well-written resume; how to ensure their resume actually gets read...by the right people; what employers look for, and what turns them off; how to customize a resume for a particular job; and, the truth about video resumes, job-search websites, and social networking sites like FaceBook, LinkedIn, and MySpace. "Unbeatable Resumes" shows job seekers of all types how to present themselves in the best possible light, for the best possible position.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.