- Table View
- List View
It's not every day that a pirate -- and his talking penguin -- show up at the front door! But that's exactly what happens when Wilson's long-lost uncle comes to live with his family. Desperate Evil Wicked Bob and his sidekick, Captain Jack, are not ordinary houseguests. They're not ordinary anything. Uncle Pirate is having a spot of trouble adjusting to life on land. And Captain Jack wants to go to school to learn to read. Unfortunately, Very Elementary is as far from shipshape and Bristol fashion as a school could be. Until Uncle Pirate steps in, that is.... Set sail for a classroom adventure from mollymockery to mathematics in this story of a boy who has what every kid wants -- a pirate for an uncle.
A badly spelled message in a bottle addressed to Uncle Pirate appears at Wilson's front door, and Mom starts baking bad news pie--this can't be good. Uncle Pirate's formerly mutinous crew is marooned on an island! Though Uncle Pirate is loyal to his new crew at Very Elementary, he cannot desert his old shipmates and sets off to find them. But when he doesn't return, it's Uncle Pirate who needs rescuing! Wilson, Captain Jack the penguin, Ms. Quern the school secretary, and sneaky Principal Purvis set off in a blimp to save the day in this rollicking read that's ideal for adventurous young readers.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.