Showing 1 through 4 of 4 results
Erich Maria Remarque
This is the story of young German soldier, Paul Baümer's experiences fighting during "The Great War," World War I. The classic novel has been adapted to utilize shorter sentences and simpler vocabulary. Unusual words are footnoted and defined at the bottom of the pages. There are study questions at the end of the book. Illustrations have been described.
Your complete guide to a higher score on the CSET: Social Science. Why Cliffs TestPrep Guides? Go with the name you know and trust.Get the information you need--fast! Written by test-prep specialists. Contents include the format and content of the exam, proven test-taking strategies and tips, approaches for answering both multiple-choice and constructed-response questions. Subject Area Review entails focused reviews of all subjects tested: world history, U.S. history, geography, civics, economics, and California history and practice questions to aid in subject review and test preparation.Two Full-Length Practice Examinations. Structured like the actual exam. Complete with answers and explanations. References for Additional Study. Test-Prep Essentials from the Experts at CliffsNotes
"Traces the migration of an Oklahoma Dust Bowl family to California and their subsequent hardships as migrant farm workers."--Amazon.com. Adapted and abridged.
Edgar Allan Poe
Abridged versions of horror stories by Poe. Includes The Fall of the House of Usher, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Pit and the Pendulum, and more.
Showing 1 through 4 of 4 results
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading
tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.
See and hear words read aloud
Listen to books with audio only
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice
installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only
mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading
tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without
downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation
required). Other browsers can be used with limited features.
Read in Braille
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona
pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed.
Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using
the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter,
section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.