- Table View
- List View
There's a snowman-building contest in town and the grand prize is a year's supply of free ice cream Horrid Henry just has to beat Moody Margaret and her dumb old ballerina snowman. So Henry makes the biggest monster snowman ever. But Henry might have to use a few last-minute tricks to win this one. Plus three other stories that won't melt. Galaxy Book Award's Best Children's Book of the Year! Francesca Simon is one of the world's best-loved children's authors. She is the only American to have ever won the Galaxy Book Award, and her creation, Horrid Henry, is the #1 bestselling chapter book series in the UK-with a hit TV show and over fifteen million copies sold! Each book contains four easy-to read stories and hilarious illustrations by the one and only Tony Ross, so even the most reluctant of readers won't be able to resist Henry's amazing talent for trouble!"A loveable bad boy. "-PeopleLook inside to see what kids and adults have to say about the master of mischief!FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HORRID HENRY AT JABBERWOCKYKIDS. COM!PRAISE FOR HORRID HENRY Why Horrid Henry?Kids love it!"I love the Horrid Henry books by Francesca Simon. They have lots of funny bits in. And Henry always gets into trouble!" Mia, age 6, BBC Learning is Fun"It's easy to see why Horrid Henry is the bestselling character for 5-8 year olds. " Liverpool EchoBecause it's funny"My two boys love this book and I have actually had tears running down my face and had to stop reading because of laughing so hard. My oldest son is rereading all the books in this series on his own now and he still loves them. Happy reading!" T. Franklin, Parent"A modern comic classic. " SF Said, Guardian Children's Books Supplement Kids get to be harmlessly rebellious"Henry is a beguiling hero who has entranced millions of reluctant readers. . . little rebels will love this collection and even little angels will be secretly thrilled by Henry's anti-heroic behaviour. "HeraldHenry's naughtiness is a yardstick against which children can get a sense of their own moral goodness and social justice"What is brilliant about the books is that Henry never does anything that is subversive. She creates an aura of supreme naughtiness (of which children are in awe) but points out that he operates within a safe and secure world. " Emily Turner, Angels And Urchins MagazineReaches the most important age group - children who are learning to read"I have tried out the Horrid Henry books with groups of children as a parent, as a babysitter, and as a teacher. Children love to either hear them read aloud or to read them themselves. The books are spot on for the 5-8 age range and are fun for the adults who share them too. " Danielle Hall, TeacherThe structure provides new readers with a real sense of accomplishment"My son is 7 years old and a big Horrid Henry fan. This book lived up to his expectations! Horrid Henry is like most boys: he always has a plan and is always getting into mischief! It was amusing, and he could not put it down. Can't wait for the next. He read it cover to cover by himself in 2 days! That for me sells a book! He can't wait for the next one to be published. He has recommended it to all his friends. " Mrs. Tami Gold, ParentReaches both boys and girls equally"Wonderfully appealing to girls and boys alike, a precious rarity at this age. " Judith Woods, Times BooksA global publishing phenomenon with 12 million copies sold!WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT HORRID HENRY:"Parents reading them aloud may be consoled to discover that Henry can always be relied upon to behave worse than any of their own offspring. " Independent"An absolutely fantastic series and surely a winner with all children. My son took this book as his favourite during book week at his school and converted a few children to the cause. Long live Francesca Simon and her brilliant books! More, more please!""My 5-year-old adores them so much he couldn't wait to start reading because of them. ""I really like Horrid Henry and like reading it to my dad. It's funny!" Matthew, 9, St. Albans"Horrid Henry is a fab...
The Greggs are hunters who will shoot anything in the woods for fun. The little girl who lives next door hates it. She tried to talk them out of it, but they only laugh at her -- so she turns her "magic finger" on them. The next morning, to their surprise, the Greggs wake up bird-sized, complete with wings. And before they know it, they're living in a nest, while four strange human-size ducks have taken over their house! Now the shoe is on the other foot -- and that foot is webbed.
Amber Brown and her parents go to the Poconos for two weeks with Amber's best friend, Justin, and his family.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.