- Table View
- List View
Ron and Peggy Roloff looked on in shock at the tiny baby before them. What will become of this boy with a stubby body and malformed limbs? As a dwarf, Mathew will have little to look forward to... except dozens of surgeries, years of painful rehabilitation, and daily encounters withthe pitying stairs of strangers. Matt Roloff wouldn't want life any other way.
This unique, nonsectarian guide has everything readers need to study the Bible, either on their own or in a small group. Features include brief summaries of each book in the Bible, critical historical and background information, interpretations relevant to today, and more.
From the stars of TLC's critically acclaimed reality show Little People, Big World comes heartfelt advice to help today's families overcome life's obstacles together and grow closer in the process. The Roloffs are no ordinary family. Parents Matt and Amy are little people raising four children: a pair of teenage twins, Jeremy and Zachary, one of whom is average size and one who is little; preteen daughter, Molly; and the youngest, Jacob. Being part of this unique family -- where something as simple as shopping for back-to-school clothing can be a real challenge -- has presented no shortage of struggles, and in Little Family, Big Values the Roloffs share the values that have helped them and become the cornerstone of their bond. Through family stories, each member of the family weighs in on the importance of these values in their life and the lessons -- sometimes hard -- they've learned in doing their best to live by them: Amy tells of the decision she made, out of love for her family, to put her career as a teacher on hold and become a stay-at-home mom. Matt shares how keeping faith that God has a plan for him has helped him tackle any family setbacks with confidence. Jeremy describes the respect he feels for his brother Zach when he sees him on the soccer field giving players twice his size a run for their money. Zachary recognizes his siblings' love for him when they willingly sacrifice a Christmas at home to be with him at the hospital for surgery. Matt's mother, Peggy, reveals how his perseverance with a boyhood paper route helped him become the successful businessman he is today. In these and other inspiring stories, the Roloffs show us why they've become such a beloved American family and offer advice on how all families can put these values into practice to achieve a greater level of love, respect, and understanding -- no matter what their size.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.