- Table View
- List View
The sea is calling, but the reluctant siren will do anything not to answer. . . . A year after the events that killed her sister and turned her into a siren, Vanessa is desperately trying to put her family back together and reclaim a "normal" life. But no matter how many times she swims, or how much salt water she drinks, she can feel herself getting weaker and weaker. She has no idea how to survive as a siren and she doesn't want to know the truth about her newly discovered identity. It's just too horrifying. Then her biological mother shows up at her summer house in Maine--she is one of the Nenuphars, the most powerful of all sirens. She promises that she wants to help the daughter from whom she's been separated for far too long. But is she to be trusted? Now Vanessa must face the harshest reality of all--to survive she must endanger and injure others--but is that any sort of life? Chilling and romantic, Dark Water explores questions of identity as old as the sea, and brings the Siren trilogy to a startling conclusion.
At the start of eighth grade, Maggie is really, truly, 100 percent happy. She's successfully maintained her weight, moved into a beautiful new house, and -- best of all -- fallen in love. Maggie wants nothing more than to bask in the joy of having a boyfriend. But nothing ever comes that easy. she's figuring it all out?
She was no longer the boring girl who hid in her bedroom eating mounds of chocolate every night. She was the new and improved Maggie Bean, and she was going to do her best to convince Peter Applewood that she was the girl for him. At the end of her tumultuous year, Maggie Bean is a very happy, healthy girl. After months of Pound Patrollers attendance, diet, and tough swim workouts, the scale now reads 146. But Maggie isn't resting on her laurels - she's got a busy summer ahead. Not only is she new and improved, but she's decided now is the right time to tell Peter her true feelings.games until Maggie becomes so involved, people (Aimee, Arnie and her family) feel neglected. Will Maggie sacrifice old friends for new ones? Will she change what's on the inside as people respond to her changed outside? Can she blend her two worlds together? And will all this tension send her seeking solace in old habits?
Maggie looked down and barely saw her toenails peeking out from the shadow of her stomach. She closed her eyes and slowly stepped onto the scale. Once she finally opened her eyes, Maggie almost fell off the scale. Maggie Bean's having a tough year. Since her dad lost his job he spends more time watching TV than talking to his family, and her mom's totally stressed about money. So Maggie focuses on what she does best: keeping up her straight-A average and eating chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. But everything changes when Maggie gets a chance to try out for the synchronized swim team. Becoming a Water Wing has always been Maggie's dream -- who wouldn't want to have an instant circle of friends and wear that cute silver bathing suit? As a Water Wing, maybe she'll start believing she's more than just a socially awkward bookworm. Maybe people will see past the extra weight she's recently gained to the funny, cool girl hiding underneath. And maybe, just maybe, Peter Applewood will finally notice her. It all depends on Maggie Bean, who thinks she knows who she is, but is about to find out for sure.
Tricia Rayburn'sRuby's SlippersisGilmore GirlsmeetsThe Wizard of Oz. A touching, funny novel from the author ofMaggie Bean in Love.
Seventeen-year-old Vanessa Sands is afraid of everything -- the dark, heights, the ocean -- but her fearless older sister, Justine, has always been there to coach her through every challenge. That is until Justine goes cliff diving one night near the family's vacation house in Winter Harbor, Maine, and her lifeless body washes up on shore the next day. Vanessa's parents want to work through the tragedy by returning to their everyday lives back in Boston, but Vanessa can't help feeling that her sister's...
The sirens are back, but Vanessa may be the biggest threat of all. . . . Nothing has been normal since Vanessa Sands learned that her sister was murdered by sirens-femme fatales of the watery depths-and that everything she believed about her family was a lie. Her boyfriend Simon's been the only person Vanessa feels she can really trust. But now there are some secrets she can't tell even him. And when Vanessa finds herself in the sights of Parker, Hawthorne Prep's resident charmer, she needs someone to confide in more than ever. Doubting her relationship with Simon, unsure of Parker's intentions-and of her own-and terrified by what she's learned about herself, Vanessa has never felt so alone. But personal problems must be put aside, because the Winter Harbor sirens are back for revenge. Now, Vanessa must face her past and accept that she is just like her enemies-every bit as alluring, every bit as dangerous. The eagerly anticipated second novel of the Siren trilogy,Undercurrentis a seductive paranormal romance that will leave you breathless.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.