- Table View
- List View
Kiss the Year Goodbye New Year's Eve is the time to make a naughty resolution, so shed your inhibitions and indulge in this sultry collection of escapades from four of the hottest writers around. In Brenda L. Thomas's "Every New Year," a shoot-out lands a respected doctor in the hospital with a bad case of amnesia, and in the care of a man too sexy to resist. In "Whatever It Takes" by Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker, a sassy older woman tries to break off her steamy relationship with her best friend's twenty-three-year-old son, but he shows her he's man enough to fulfill her needs. Crystal Lacey Winslow proves you can be "Dangerously in Love" when a prim and proper young woman's wild side takes over after the man she's dating slips up with another woman. In "My Boo" by Daaimah S. Poole, a Philly girl's long-distance boyfriend never has time for her -- not even around the holidays. So when her ex-roommate's latest lover comes knocking, she's ready to get the party started.
In Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker's steamiest novel yet, we meet the four deliciously dramatic, designer-clad divas from prime time's new hit reality show, The Millionaire Wives Club.Evan: Married to a pro-football star who isn't in love with her anymore, Evan is digging her freshly manicured nails in ever deeper as she fights to keep the husband who loves someone else.Milan: Half Dominican, half black, and beautifully exotic-looking, Milan is watching her has-been husband's fortune fade fast-while her romantic attachment to Evan's husband is heating up.Jaise: Divorced from a former boxing star who's now married to a white woman, Jaise is trying to raise her sixteen-year-old son on her own. Will her huge alimony checks keep her from falling in love?Chaunci: Editor of the hottest black women's magazine, Chaunci is now engaged to the high-powered man who helped finance her magazine when she was just a struggling single mom. But when a onetime passionate flame reignites, Chaunci may not be able to resist its charms.When these starlets' private lives run as wild as their emotions, their relationships with one another inevitably turn into high-profile catfights. Through it all, the cameras never stop rolling on TV's guiltiest pleasure, where power-and diamonds-are always a girl's best friend.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.