- Table View
- List View
East meets West as an assistant dean at the UCLA School of Medicine and a celebrity Yoga instructor show how to use ancient Yoga postures for treating dozens of common ailments. Yoga has never been hotter in America, and now its benefits are being recognized far beyond the arenas of enlightenment and body sculpting. Yoga RX distills an array of postures into an easy-to-use regimen for anyone seeking relief for anything from back pain to the common cold. Written by a highly respected professor of medicine and a renowned Yoga teacher and Yoga therapist whose clients include Warren Beatty, Ted Danson, and Dolly Parton, Yoga RX offers a holistic program based on the authors' research into the science of Yoga. Helping readers enhance their chances of disease prevention through increased circulation, strength, flexibility, and concentration, this accessible handbook also covers specific Yoga therapies for treating illnesses such as: *Arthritis *Headaches *PMS *Insomnia *Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In the tradition of The Pilates Body, this step-by-step, illustrated handbook is the ultimate prescription for healing body, mind, and soul.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.