- Table View
- List View
A book of poetry to ease the pain of a breakup.
The editors of The Hell With Love are back, applying their irreverent view of life and love to help melt the hardest heart of all--your own. For anyone who's been let down by life and love, these poems reveal that the most important person you can fall in love with is yourself. The collection travels through various stages of self-discovery, self-doubt, and, ultimately, self-realization and acceptance-from first kiss to kiss off. Renowned poets, including John Keats, Margaret Atwood, James Wright, Lucille Clifton, and Marie Ponsot explore the universal issues of trust and betrayal, awakening and curiosity, freedom, and self-confidence. This collection will show anyone looking for love how to find it within.
Editors Esselman and Velez showcase the phases of love, a subject that has long inspired, redeemed, frustrated, and obsessed us. Readers will be delighted to encounter classic poems by Shakespeare and Donne as well as down-to-earth works by today's talented poets, including Dorianne Laux and Mark Doty. Divided into sections such as "ecstasy," "stability," and "misery," each grouping of poems is introduced by clever editorial commentary that never takes itself too seriously.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.