- Table View
- List View
Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book takes brewing out of the basement and into the kitchen. Erica Shea and Stephen Valand show that with a little space, a few tools, and the same ingredients breweries use, you too can make delicious craft beer right on your stovetop. Greenmarket-inspired and seasonally brewed, these 52 recipes include Everyday IPA and Rose Cheeked & Blonde for spring; Grapefruit Honey Ale and S'More Beer for summer; Apple Crisp Ale and Peanut Butter Porter for fall; Chestnut Brown ale and Gingerbread Ale for winter; and even four gluten-free brews. You'll also find tips for growing hops, suggestions for food pairings, and recipes for cooking with beer. Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book offers a new approach to artisanal brewing and is a must-own for beer lovers, seasonally minded cooks, and anyone who gets a kick out of saying "I made this!" From the Trade Paperback edition.
GLOBALLY INSPIRED RECIPES TO BREW AT HOME With the creativity behind today's craft-beer revolution reaching all-time heights, both new and experienced brewers are looking to expand their palates. Brooklyn Brew Shop founders Erica Shea and Stephen Valand took a tour of the world's most innovative and storied breweries and returned with thirty-three stovetop-ready recipes for silky stouts, citrusy IPAs, and robust porters, along with stories inspired by the global community of small-batch brewers. Now Erica and Stephen bring the taste of world-class beer into your kitchen (no matter how small it is). They share a German-style Smoked Wheat, an aromatic Single Hop IPA inspired by The Kernel in London's Maltby Street Market, as well as recipes straight from the brewmasters, including an imperial stout from Evil Twin, Ranger Creek's Mesquite Smoked Porter, and a Chocolate Stout from Steve Hindy, the founder of Brooklyn Brewery. Since beer is best with food, Erica and Stephen have also included recipes for a Farmhouse Ale Risotto, Spent Grain No-Rise Pizza Dough, Shandy Ice Pops, IPA Hummus, and more. With tips and introductory techniques to get you started brewing if you're a first-timer, you'll have world-class, small-batch beer ready to drink in no time.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.