- Table View
- List View
The only book from a physician-mom with warm, practical, and medically sound advice that will help moms reclaim their passion for sex There's one thing that almost every mother knows but won't discuss: Sex drive diminishes after a baby is born, and it's a struggle to reclaim passion in the years that follow. In Great Sex for Moms Dr. Raskin brings the problem out into the open -- at last. From her fifteen years as a psychiatrist she knows that mothers silently rationalize that sex will return "after the baby sleeps through the night," then "when the children start having sleepovers," and then "once the kids go to college." And she believes that eighteen years is an awfully long time to wait. Dr. Raskin reveals the reasons that women's bodies and minds betray them, resulting in a sleepy libido. The great news is that it's easier than you might think to wake it up. Insisting that a healthy parental sex life is in the children's best interests, Dr. Raskin shows you how to: Overcome the feeling that you're the only one in America with a boring sex life -- Leave your mother persona at the bedroom door to rescue your sexual self -- Banish the inner censor and talk about sex with your partner -- Stop frenzied, on-demand mothering so you can nourish your libido. Great Sex for Moms is perhaps the most important book a mother can read for nurturing her marriage, her children, and above all, her own sexuality.
"Will I ever feel like myself again?""Why am I so sad and irritable all of the time?""Will my wife ever be like she used to be?""Why didn't anyone tell us to expect this?"If you or someone you love is among the one in seven women stricken by PPD, you know how hard it is to get real help. In this definitive guide, postpartum experts Karen Kleiman and Valerie Davis Raskin offer compassionate support and solid advice on dealing with every aspect of PPD. Their proven self-help program, which can be used alone or with a support group or therapist, will help you monitor each phase of illness, recognize when you need professional help, cope with daily life, and recover with new strength and confidence. Learn how to:Identify the symptoms of PPD and distinguish it from "baby blues"Deal with panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive urges, and stress overloadBreak the cycle of shame and negative thoughtsMobilize support from your husband or partner, family, and friendsSeek and evaluate treatment optionsCope with the disappointment and loss of self-esteem
The completely revised and updated second edition of one of the first postpartum depression books--"the" go-to resource for any new mother battling PPD.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.