As a San Francisco firefighter, Michael Mahoney has never seen anything burn more brightly than the determination in socialite Tess Clark's eyes. Her fiery green gaze and the persuasive curve of her smile convince him to support her involvement in the women's suffrage movement. His unspoken, forbidden love for the privileged young woman drives him to be her only protector as the earth begins to quake and the city catches fire. Now, in the midst of panic, corruption and disaster, Michael's survival is uncertain, yet his faith in God and love for Tess are stronger than ever. Will he have the chance to show Tess that love can't be contained by social binds?
Law enforcement in Fitzgerald Bay is full of Fitzgeralds, from the chief of police to brand-new detective Keira Fitzgerald. Are they tampering with a murder investigation to protect one of their own? Internal affairs detective Nick Delfino is sent undercover to investigate the powerful clan. Yet the deeper he digs, the more Nick comes to admire the Fitzgeralds...especially his rookie partner, Keira. When a killer targets Nick, can he maintain his cover, catch his attacker and protect Keira while the looming danger closes in?
Kicking off Hansen's new Serenity miniseries, this story is set around the beautiful foothills of the Ozarks. Teacher Rachel Woodard and school counselor Sean Bates fall in love while trying to help an orphaned girl in Rachel's class. Original.
When they are suddenly reunited after many years, former bad boy Paul Randall and Belinda Carnes, the town's pastor's daughter, discover that God is the ultimate matchmaker.
While battling a tornado together, a man and woman learn whats important in life--kindness, love, and peace--and realize they must step out of the past into the future by trusting God. Original.
A scared widow and her defenseless son have former marine Thad Pearson on red alert. Someone is systematically wrecking Lindy Southerland's life. First her house. Then her bank account. And unless the thug gets what he wants, her child will be targeted next. The woman jumps at every shadow, but refuses to go to the police. Why? With Thad's every protective instinct in overdrive, he guards Lindy and her son as if they're his own family. But keeping his scarred heart safe proves his toughest assignment yet. And leads him straight into a mastermind's deadly trap.
As a nurse and special advocate for children, Samantha Rochard is used to danger in small-town Serenity, Arkansas. But when she suspects a little boy is in jeopardy from his powerful father, the danger turns on her. Her only source of protection? The handsome police officer who broke her heart five years ago. Yet after John Waltham comes to her rescue in more ways than one, Samantha must trust in him-and the Lord-to watch over her...and save one sweet little boy.
When Lillie Delaney's life in the big city didn't work out, she headed home to Gumption, Arkansas, longing for the peaceful predictability of the tiny town. Not to mention the proximity of the grandmother who'd raised her. Yet Lillie was in for a shock: her grandfather had taken off with a younger woman and her grandmother -- running around in a pink shower cap -- wasn't handling it very well. So Lillie turned to town pastor James Warner, only to find a very handsome motorcycle-riding rebel in a black leather jacket! But she was beginning to learn that the Lord did indeed work in very mysterious ways. . .
A man and a woman put aside their painful pasts and find love with God's love and guidance.
The authors of VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY never forget that history is made up of the stories of people. Each chapter of the text centers on a story--a traveler's account that highlights the book's main theme, the constant movement of people, goods, and ideas. The travelers include merchants, poets, rulers, explorers, soldiers, missionaries, and scholars, and their voyages provide a framework for each chapter that will draw you into the stories of world history. For the second edition of this text, the authors added broad global connections to every chapter, which will help you understand events in a larger context. VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY helps you make sense of the range of people, places, and events crucial to comprehension of world history. Available in the following split options: VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY, Second Edition Complete, Volume 1: To 1600, and Volume 2: Since 1500.
Through their love, a school teacher and an embittered ex-police officer inspire each other to renew their faith in humanity and God.
After surviving an unhappy marriage, Charity Beal avoids men. But compassion gets the better of her when she encounters Thorne Blackwell, a rugged shipping magnate in the midst of crisis. His brother has vanished, and hired guns are after his brother's wife and son. To save them, Thorne faces a grueling journey through the wild Oregon Territory. In order to succeed, he needs Charity's help. Through roiling rivers and lush mountain passes, Charity's kindness and faith awakens Thorne to a strength he never knew. But before he can heal her wounded heart and win her love, he has to save their party from the sharpshooter stalking their every step.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.