- Table View
- List View
IT'S THE PARTY OF THE YEAR. CHAMPAGNE, CAVIAR . . . AND MURDER. The anniversary celebration at the inn where Susan and Jed Henshaw spent their honeymoon promised to be a night to remember. And it was . . . for all the wrong reasons. For by evening's end, Ashley Marks became the ultimate party pooper. She was dead, apparently poisoned, her body hidden beneath a pile of gifts on the bed in the Henshaw's room. Ashley certainly wasn't popular in social circles, but who at the soiree disliked her enough to knock her off? Following a cold trail of clues, Susan tracks down a killer whose roots may be buried deep in Ashley's past, along with deadly secrets. . . . From the Paperback edition.
DEATH ASSURANCE After signing a lucrative deal to remodel Bride's Bed and Breakfast, island contractor Josie Pigeon thinks her summer is set. And with her upcoming nuptials to Sam Richardson, she's definitely in the marriage mood-that is, until a series of unfortunate events befalls the construction site. First, Josie's wealthy employer hires his inexperienced, twenty-year-old grandson as architect of the project; soon after, the only male member on Josie's crew is causing problems-romantic as well as professional; and then her insurance company is threatening to cancel coverage for her entire staff. To top it all off, there are rumors that the B&B is haunted, and mannequins are turning up behind the walls of the inn. They appear to be the exploits of a prankster-until a real corpse is found, revealing the sinister handiwork of a cold-blooded killer. "Valerie Wolzien is a consummate crime writer. Her heroines sparkle as they sift through clues and stir up evidence in the darker, deadly side of suburbia. " -Mary Daheim From the Paperback edition.
Susan and Jeb's daughter, her husband, and their newborn twins temporarily move in the Henshaws' Connecticut home. Susan's neighbor recognizes the twins' nanny as a suspect in several recent suspicious nursing home deaths. After the neighbor is found murdered, Susan uncovers a conspiracy beyond her wildest imagination. Original.
HIGH SOCIETY HOMOCIDE When amateur sleuth Josie Pigeon joins her longtime beau, Sam, on a trip to New York City for a week, she suspects she'll be looking at engagement rings, not mug shots. Once they arrive in the Big Apple though, the constant reminders of Sam's wealthy, glamorous past make Josie feel like she's way out of her league. Then the body of his ex-girlfriend, the elegant Pamela Peel, turns up in Sam's apartment--and he becomes the police's prime suspect in her murder. Emotionally shut out by a shell-shocked Sam, Josie knows there's only one thing she can do. With a few friends to help her navigate some of New York's high class circles, she'll investigate Pamela's murder herself--and prove to everyone what she already knows: that Sam could never murder anyone. With the clues piling up like a socialite's discarded party dresses, Josie moves in on the truth, all the while knowing that each step she takes is one step closer to a killer.
GONE WITH THE WIND With a signed contract in hand for remodeling the grandest old house on the island, contractor Josie Pigeon figures her summer is made. But before she can lift a hammer, she finds her new employer- wealthy New Yorker Cornell Hudson- murdered on the premises with a strip of drop cloth twisted tightly around his neck. When Hurricane Agatha sweeps away both the house and the body, Josie would like to forget she ever saw them. But she can' t help wondering: What could have drawn Hudson and his megamillions to this quiet summer resort? His three gorgeous blonde daughters hate the place and Hudson seems to have known not a soul on the island. But appearances have never been more deceptive. Now, through rain and wind, and through a past that refuses to die, Josie pursues the truth- and nails down a killer who is tougher than boards. "From the Paperback edition. "
When the production crew for Courtney Castle's Castles invades contractor Josie Pigeon's job site to shoot a PBS remodeling series, Josie's fifteen minutes of fame seem imminent. Unfortunately, the confusion of taping compounds the chaos of construction, and Josie is soon ready to kill. Which is why, when a bludgeoned body appears on the premises, Josie is a top suspect. That's when she decides to make her own suspect list. But the more Josie hammers down the facts, the closer to home she hits . . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.