- Table View
- List View
With its complete, interactive, objective-based approach, Basic College Mathematics is the best-seller in this market. The Eighth Edition provides mathematically sound and comprehensive coverage of the topics considered essential in a basic college math course. Furthermore, the Instructor's Annotated Edition features a comprehensive selection of instructor support material. The Aufmann Interactive Method is incorporated throughout the text, ensuring that students interact with and master the concepts as they are presented. This approach is especially important in the context of rapidly growing distance-learning and self-paced laboratory situations.
Intended for developmental math courses in intermediate algebra, this text retains the hallmark features that have made the Aufmann texts market leaders: an interactive approach in an objective-based framework: a clear writing style, and an emphasis on problem-solving strategies. The acclaimed Aufmann Interactive Method, allows students to try a skill as it is introduced with matched-pair examples, offering students immediate feedback, reinforcing the concept, identifying problem areas, and, overall, promoting student success.
The sixth edition of Intermediate Algebra with Applications provides mathematically sound and comprehensive coverage of the topics considered essential in an intermediate algebra course. The text has been designed not only to meet the needs of the traditional college student, but also to serve the needs of returning students whose mathematical proficiency may have declined during years away from formal education.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.