- Table View
- List View
This successful and popular book has been completely updated to give you the most recent information on emerging theories, recent research, and current computer-assisted guidance programs in career counseling! Whether you are a counselor or a counselor-in-training, you'll appreciate the way Vernon Zunker presents practical techniques and real-life examples as he patiently helps you understand the theoretical models of career counseling and how to effectively counsel clients about career issues. In the Sixth Edition, you'll find Zunker's clear writing style and interesting exercises, as well as: *Five career counseling models with case illustrations *A new Chapter 8, "Self-Assessment and a Model for Using Assessment," which discusses the rationale for using self-assessment tools *A new Chapter 15, "Career Counseling for Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Clients," which helps familiarize you with the issues and needs of this client population *Theories of career development and counseling models-summarized in tables to help you study and prepare for the licensing examination *Web site information that points you to additional, reliable information online *And much more!
This highly successful book has been called the most comprehensive text on the market, providing students with needed career theory as well as practical techniques and examples. Through the author's clear writing style, case examples, tables, and exercises, students develop a solid understanding of the theoretical models of career counseling and are thoroughly exposed to the practical information on how to effectively counsel clients about career issues. As demonstrated by the text's new subtitle, 'A Holistic Approach,' this substantially revised Seventh Edition reflects the growing emphasis on looking at the "whole person" -- values, temperament, talents, and passions -- to determine his or her best career fit.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.