- Table View
- List View
With its sweeping, inclusive view of American history, Created Equal emphasizes social history--including the lives and labors of women, immigrants, working people, and minorities in all regions of the country--while delivering the familiar chronology of political and economic history. By integrating the stories of a variety of groups and individuals into the historical narrative, Created Equal helps connect the nation's past with the student's present. Created Equal explores an expanding notion of equality and American identity--one that encompasses the stories of diverse groups of people, territorial growth and expansion, the rise of the middle class, technological innovation and economic development, and engagement with other nations and peoples of the world.
Re-examines American History through the theme of contested equality Taking an inclusive view of American history, Created Equal emphasizes the struggles for equality experienced by diverse groups of Americans across the many regions of the nation With a steadfast chronological framework, and a strong narrative thread, the authors offer a fresh and critical perspective on the traditional story. MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Jones program. Key learning applications include assessment, MyHistoryLab Video Series, and History Explorer A better teaching and learning experience This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how: Personalize Learning -- Personalize Learning -- MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance. Emphasize Outcomes -- Learning Objective Questions at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter review and thematic timeline ending each chapter keep students focused on what they need to know On MyHistoryLab, practice tests help students achieve these objectives by measuring progress and creating personalized study plans. Engage Students -- A new pedagogically-driven design highlights a clear learning path through the material and offers a visually stunning learning experience in print or on a screen. With the Pearson eText, students can transition directly to MyHistoryLab resources such as primary source documents, videos, and mapping exercises. Improve Critical Thinking -- Powerful learning applications in MyHistoryLab including Explorer mapping exercises, Closer Look analyses of sources and topics, and Writing Assessments tied to engaging videos-promote critical thinking Support Instructors -- MyHistoryLab, Instructor's eText, MyHistoryLab Instructor's Guide, Class Preparation Tool, Instructor's Manual, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available. This Book a la Carte Edition is an unbound, three-hole punched, loose-leaf version of the textbook and provides students the opportunity to personalized their book by incorporating their own notes and taking the portion of the book they need to class - all at a fraction of the bound book price
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.