Integrative medical practitioner and pain expert Vicky Vlachonis shares her proven program to replace chronic aches and pains with renewed energy and life-enhancing radiance.Back problems, nightly headaches, tight shoul-ders, achy feet--all of us have nagging, daily pains that seem to get worse when our lives get busier. While the immediate reaction to pain is to take short-term measures to make it go away, this does nothing to address the underlying cause. In The Body Doesn't Lie, Vicky Vlachonis shows us how to locate the source of our pain, understand its origin and manifestation in the body, and then let it go, using a holistic approach that includes easy-to-implement approaches to diet, exercise, and emotional well-being.Vlachonis's successful pain-eradication pro-gram was developed over years working with a wide range of clients, from celebrities and CEOs to overworked ballet dancers and working moms. Her Positive Feedback Program guides readers through three stages: Reflect, Release, and Radiate.The book includes a detailed meal plan with recipes, body maps to identify areas of pain and healing touch points, and step-by-step remedies for specific issues including fatigue, digestive problems, and depression. This groundbreaking approach uses pain as a tool--not the un-defeatable enemy--to help you look and feel better immediately and release your body from physical and emotional pain for good.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.