- Table View
- List View
Metalwork Technology and Practice provides a comprehensive introduction to metal fabrication technology, It is intended as a textbook for entry level courses that provide laboratory experiences in metal fabrication. It also may be used as a reference book in metal product manufacturing courses or exercises. For the Eighth Edition, each unit has been revised as needed to reflect current practice, The application of mathematics and science to metal processing has been emphasized, and a new Section on Metal Product Manufacturing has been added, The product section has also been revised and expanded, and now includes several new products designed for production on numerically controlled machine tools. The traditional features of the book have been retained. The reading level is as low as practicable for a metalworking technical book of this level. Tech¬nical terms are in boldface type, and a list of them is provided at the end of each unit. A glossary of technical terms is also provided at the end of the text to aid student development of technical vocabulary. The review questions at the end of each unit also provides students with a convenient way to check their knowledge of each topic.
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to metal fabrication technology. It is intended as a textbook for entry level courses that provide laboratory experiences in metal fabrication.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.