- Table View
- List View
Who let the dogs out? Evildoers beware! Four of mystery fiction's top storytellers are setting the hounds on your trail -- in an incomparable quartet of crime stories with a canine edge. Man's (and woman's) best friends take the lead in this phenomenal collection of tales tense and surprising, humorous and thrilling: New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance's spellbinding saga of a scam-busting septuagenarian and her two golden retrievers; Anthony Award winner Virginia Lanier's pureblood thriller featuring bloodhounds and bloody murder; Chassie West's suspenseful stunner about a life-saving German shepherd and a ghastly forgotten crime; rising star Lee Charles Kelley's edge-of-your-seat yarn that pits an ex-cop/kennel owner and a yappy toy poodle against a craven killer.
This is the fourth in the series featuring Jo Beth Sidden and the bloodhounds that she trains.
In the sixth novel in this popular, award-winning mystery series, Georgia peach Jo Beth Sidden returns with her delightfully fast-on-their-feet bloodhounds. Dog trainer and amateur sleuth extraordinaire, Jo Beth is in a heap of trouble. For openers, she has to dig herself out of a personal crisis. Confronted by her violent ex-husband, Bubba, Jo Beth ended the relationship for good -- with a bang. Now she has to rebuild her life and, in between, give a little help to her friends who are in dire need of a good detective. She's on the trail of a prison escapee, a good ol' boy so wily that even Jo Beth's best hounds can't sniff him out. Meanwhile, she's busy tracking an elderly woman who has wandered off in the Okefenokee Swamp, and at the same time searching for the source of a rumor that resulted in three deaths.
Jo Beth is back with her bloodhounds to catch bad guys. This time it's a respected judge.
Jo Beth Sidden is a Georgia peach with an iron pit. At 29, she has realized her dream of owning a kennel, Bloodhounds, Inc., raising and training bloodhounds for search-and-rescue missions into the Okefenokee Swamp, a treacherous, mosquito-infested expanse of hundreds of square miles in south Georgia. She knows her stuff, but every time she follows her dogs on a scent trail into the swamp, she risks it all from a fall, snakebite, or the pot growers who shoot first and ask questions later. And she has to deal with rude depputies and a sheriff whose main concern town reelection.
Jo Beth is back. Her ex-husband is out of prison far sooner than expected and is stalking her again. And her most promising new tracking dog is totally blind. Her business is thriving, and her personal life is a mess.
There's a lot of excitement down at Jo Beth Sidden's kennel. A full litter of ten baby bloodhounds is due any day. Though pressed for time, Jo Beth still agrees to do a favor for a friend -- finding a reclusive, wealthy matriarch's missing cat. But soon afterward, her client is murdered. Now, Jo Beth is looking for a killer. There's a slew of suspects to choose from, too -- all potential heirs to the matriarch's fortune. The quicker Jo Beth can solve this case, the soon she can get home to her dogs and get her life in order. But she's in for a surprise, and a fight she'll never forget.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.