Who let the dogs out?Evildoers beware! Four of mystery fiction's top storytellers are setting the hounds on your trail -- in an incomparable quartet of crime stories with a canine edge. Man's (and woman's) best friends take the lead in this phenomenal collection of tales tense and surprising, humorous and thrilling: New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance's spellbinding saga of a scam-busting septuagenarian and her two golden retrievers; Anthony Award winner Virginia Lanier's pureblood thriller featuring bloodhounds and bloody murder; Chassie West's suspenseful stunner about a life-saving German shepherd and a ghastly forgotten crime; rising star Lee Charles Kelley's edge-of-your-seat yarn that pits an ex-cop/kennel owner and a yappy toy poodle against a craven killer.
This is the fourth in the series featuring Jo Beth Sidden and the bloodhounds that she trains.
In the sixth novel in this popular, award-winning mystery series, Georgia peach Jo Beth Sidden returns with her delightfully fast-on-their-feet bloodhounds. Dog trainer and amateur sleuth extraordinaire, Jo Beth is in a heap of trouble. For openers, she has to dig herself out of a personal crisis. Confronted by her violent ex-husband, Bubba, Jo Beth ended the relationship for good -- with a bang. Now she has to rebuild her life and, in between, give a little help to her friends who are in dire need of a good detective. She's on the trail of a prison escapee, a good ol' boy so wily that even Jo Beth's best hounds can't sniff him out. Meanwhile, she's busy tracking an elderly woman who has wandered off in the Okefenokee Swamp, and at the same time searching for the source of a rumor that resulted in three deaths.
Jo Beth is back with her bloodhounds to catch bad guys. This time it's a respected judge.
Jo Beth Sidden is a Georgia peach with an iron pit. At 29, she has realized her dream of owning a kennel, Bloodhounds, Inc., raising and training bloodhounds for search-and-rescue missions into the Okefenokee Swamp, a treacherous, mosquito-infested expanse of hundreds of square miles in south Georgia. She knows her stuff, but every time she follows her dogs on a scent trail into the swamp, she risks it all from a fall, snakebite, or the pot growers who shoot first and ask questions later. And she has to deal with rude depputies and a sheriff whose main concern town reelection.
Jo Beth is back. Her ex-husband is out of prison far sooner than expected and is stalking her again. And her most promising new tracking dog is totally blind. Her business is thriving, and her personal life is a mess.
There's a lot of excitement down at Jo Beth Sidden's kennel. A full litter of ten baby bloodhounds is due any day. Though pressed for time, Jo Beth still agrees to do a favor for a friend -- finding a reclusive, wealthy matriarch's missing cat. But soon afterward, her client is murdered. Now, Jo Beth is looking for a killer. There's a slew of suspects to choose from, too -- all potential heirs to the matriarch's fortune. The quicker Jo Beth can solve this case, the soon she can get home to her dogs and get her life in order. But she's in for a surprise, and a fight she'll never forget.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.