- Table View
- List View
American Government tells the story of how our government came to be. You will learn about all the branches of the government and their many jobs and see how leaders are elected, and how people can make a difference. You will learn about the role our government plays as one nation among many, and see that your government is "of the people, by the people, for the people." The book has two important pieces of writing-the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.
As you go through this book, you will discover how people created a new nation in North America that was different from any other country. Every chapter starts with statements made to encourage readers in the units and chapters. There are questions presented at the beginning of every chapter that help students to focus on the main ideas throughout the book.
As you read America's History: Land of Liberty, you will discover how people created a new nation in North America that was different from any other country. That nation, the United States of America, was the only nation at the end of the 1700s where people made their own laws and ruled themselves without a king or queen. It was a great experiment because no one knew if a nation with such a government could survive. You will learn how the new nation not only survived, but grew larger and stronger.
Presents the history of the United States beginning with the cultural heritage of Native Americans and concluding with American achievements in world leadership and technology.
America's Story tells the story of the United States of America. This book tells how this country changed from a small nation to a very large one. There are maps and pictures in each chapter. As you read America's Story, you will learn how Americans have worked to make this country a land of freedom for more than 225 years.
America's Story tells the story of the United States of America. This book tells how the United States began. It also tells how the United States changed from a small country to a large country.
This affordable health text series for limited readers provides relevant information and a decision-making model to help students make educated life choices. This is an easy-to-read alternative to standard health texts.
As you study world geography, you will learn what the land looks like in different parts of the world. You will learn how people live in different places. You will study how people have changed the places where they live. You will also study the culture of people in different countries. Culture is the ideas, art, and way of life of a group of people. When you study about culture, you learn about food, clothing, sports, customs, and language of a group of people. Religion is also part of culture. Religion is the different ways people believe and pray to a god or to many gods.
As you read World History and You, you will learn how people started the first cities and why many early civilizations disappeared. You will learn how wars and inventions have changed the world forever.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.