- Table View
- List View
Introducing an exciting new technique called domino knitting, this book teaches both beginners and experts the patterning technique that became a craze among Scandinavian knitters. Beginning with basic instructions and progressing to sophisticated projects, this guide shows how domino knitting allows for easy designing by allowing knitters to build squares on one another horizontally and vertically at will. Precise step-by-step instruction show how squares can be worked in a variety of stitches for multicolored effects. Included is a key to selecting the proper yarn for any project as well as care instructions for any creation.
Join the domino craze with Knit to Be Square! Vivian Hoxbro shows you how to combine modular squares into blocks of varying sizes that become the base for a variety of eye-catching two- and three-dimensional projects. Combine these geometric patterns with felting and you get gorgeous results!Knit to Be Square includes:Easy-to-Knit patterns for hats, bags, scarves, pillows, slippers, capelets, afghans, and moreQuick-to-knit patterns made of small squares that take relatively few stitches to finishIdeal patterns for using up your stashEasy washing machine felting tips for woolPlus! An impressively sized afghan shows you how mitered squares can be used to get a patchwork effect similar to traditional quiltsAnd more!But be prepared - this is an addictive form of knitting! One square leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another...
The mysteries of shadow knitting - a simple technique of alternating rows of dark and light yarn to produce a subtle patterning that appears and disappears depending on the angle from which it is viewed - are explored and refined here by a professional knitwear designer. The basic principles and techniques of shadow knitting are introduced through clear, well-illustrated instructions and are followed by spectacular projects that include winged shawls, squared bags, a matching cap and scarf, vests, sweaters, and Japanese-style kimonos. Each project is accompanied by step-by-step instructions and beautiful photographs.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.