- Table View
- List View
The 6th edition of this popular core text provides the essential teaching theory and practice for primary English. It promotes effective teaching through secure pedagogical knowledge, covering the key skills of planning, monitoring and assessment and class management, and relating these specifically to primary English. This 6th edition is linked to the 2012 Teachers' Standards. With full coverage of the theory and practice required for effective and creative English teaching, this text is an essential guide for all trainees working towards QTS. Throuhgout, practical guidance and features support trainees to translate this learning to the classroom, embed ICT in their lessons and to understand the wider context of their teaching. Trainees will find it helpful to use this book alongside Primary English Knowledge and Understanding. About the Achieving QTS series All the books in this successful series support trainees through their initial teacher training and guide them in the acquisition of their subject knowledge, understanding and classroom practice. All new titles within the series link to the 2012 Teachers' Standards and take into accont recent changes in Initial Teacher Training. Jane Medwell is an Associate Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. David Wray is Professor of Literacy Education at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. Hilary Minns co-ordinates primary English courses in the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. Elizabeth Coates works in the Institute of Education, University of Warwick, where she co-ordinate Early Years courses. Vivienne Griffiths is Professor of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University.
The essential subject knowledge text for primary English. Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. The 5th edition of this popular text has a number of new features including a new self assessment section and M level extension boxes to provide further challenge in all chapters. References to the 2007 QTS Standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage are also included. With full coverage of the English curriculum, and updated research summaries reflecting the latest thinking, this text is written to help trainee primary teachers develop and consolidate their knowledge of English.
This popular text is used in teaching theory and practice for primary English in the UK. Covering the key skills of planning, monitoring, assessment, and class management, the book relates these specifically to primary English. The fifth edition includes new features making specific links to the UK's Every Child Matters and outlining how information and communication technology can be embedded into the teaching of primary English. This text is an indispensable guide for primary trainees on the theory and practice required for effective and creative English teaching.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.