- Table View
- List View
A splendid tale, combining the sensitivity and attention to mood of the new generation of science fiction writers.
James T. Kirk is the youngest man to be promoted to the rank of captain in Federation history. His crew consists of a first officer who finds him impetuous; a chief engineer who finds him arrogant; a chief medical officer who finds him trifling; and a helmsman who wants a transfer.<P> But the young crew, which would later become the legendary space explorers, quickly puts aside their differences when a monstrous starship appears on their nascent flight path.
The U.S.S. EnterpriseTM is summoned to transport a dangerous criminal from Starbase prison to a rehabilitation center, the brilliant physicist Dr. Georges Mordreaux, accused of promising to send people back in time -- then killing them instead. But there's more at stake than just a few lives. For Mordreaux's experiments have somehow thrown the entire universe into a deadly time warp. All of existence is closing in on itself -- and only Spock can stop the Entropy Effect.
Mischa is an orphan who survives by stealing. If her telepathic abilities were known, she would be exiled to the underground. Jan Hikaru is wandering the galaxy, fleeing his father's irrationality. And Subtwo is half of the result of a human experiment. Their lives converge on Earth, which is tecnologically advanced but has regressed socially. This is a complex and intricate novel. Note: for the reader's information, the second page of the book had some uncorrectable scanning errors, but after that the quality is fine.
This book contains eleven stories by Vonda McIntyre including: Fireflood; Of Mist and Grass and Sand; Spectra; Wings; The Mountains of Sunset, the Mountains of Dawn; The End's Beginning; Screwtop; Only at Night; Recourse, Inc.; and, The Genius Freaks.
Testing of the limits of patience and love,a woman in the court of King Louis XIV defies the will of the king, her brother, and the pope in defense of what she knows is right, at any cost.
Prepare Yourself For Warp-10 Excitement! The Galaxy's ultimate future is in the hands of James Kirk, Mr. Spock and the indomitable crew of the Enterperprise. The Galaxy's ultimate weapon is in the hands of the evil Khan and his followers. A battle that will shake the universe cannot be avoided...And the ultimate adventure is about to begin!
No One On The Enterprise Can Believe That Mr. Spock Is Gone! As the crew grieves for Mr. Spock, the awesome Genesis Device, now controlled by the Federation, has transformed an inert nebula into a new planet teeming with life. But Genisis can also destroy existing worlds. The creators of the Device want it given freely to the Galaxy. But Starfleet Command fears that it will become a force for evil. And the enemies of the Federation will not rest until they seize it -- as their most powerful weapon in the battle to conquer the Galaxy!
Cadets that enter Starfleet Academy have two mantras drilled into them from their very first day. They must do their duty for the Federation and Starfleet, and they must strive to honor their oath as Starfleet officers. Among those who have best embodied these guiding principles and who have strived to live up to the coda "to boldly go " are those who once served aboard the Starship Enterprise under the command of Captain James T. Kirk. Who then, was better to guide the next generation of officers? After Kirk became an admiral, the officers of the Enterprise were promoted, and several became Academy instructors. Transformed from a ship of the line to a training vessel the Enterprise's days of active duty are behind her -- until a frantic message from a distant outpost interrupts a training exercise and pulls the ship back into action. Admiral Kirk is forced to take command of the Enterprise in order to stop an old nemesis from commandeering what could be the most deadly weapon ever devised. In the course of his actions, the crew will find itself facing death...and life -- as they deliberately violate their Starfleet oaths, travel through time to save Earth, and ultimately earn redemption in the eyes of the Federation. Now, for the first time ever in one volume here are the novelizations of three Star Trek® films: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan,® Star Trek III: The Search for Spock,® and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home,® all by award-winning author Vonda McIntyre.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.