- Table View
- List View
Explorations in Earth Science contains a collection of 68 laboratory investigations that can be incorporated into an Earth science course that covers geology, weather, climate, astronomy, and environmental issues. The variety of the exercises contained in the manual provides instructors with the flexibility to use those that suit their individual preferences and which they view as essential for their students. Included is a Prologue that contains activities that address the skills and concepts that are integrated throughout an Earth science course. The investigations are aligned with the New York State Math, Science, and Technology Standards and the National Science Education Standards. Appendices in the manual correlate labs to the New York State Physical Setting/Earth Science Core Curriculum and several well-known textbooks. Also included are appendices containing the Earth Science Reference Tables required by the New York State Physical Setting Core Curriculum and supplementary charts teachers will find useful in delivering their courses. Incorporated into the Teacher's Edition is an appendix suggesting Internet sites appropriate for each chapter. Each laboratory investigation contains clearly stated instructions, report sheets, and questions that reflect both the procedural techniques and results students should obtain. Many labs can be adapted to an inquiry/problem-solving approach in which the written activity would often serve the teacher as a guide, but might not be used by students. The Teacher's Edition contains an array of suggested long-term investigations, an equipment and supplies list, and a comprehensive guide preceding each activity. This section is of great use to veteran teachers and is most valuable to teachers new to teaching Earth Science.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.