- Table View
- List View
Not Your Everyday Hero Nearly setting her house on fire isn't the way Alyssa Douglas is supposed to begin her new life. Luckily Ben Cooper, her handsome new neighbor, is there to charge to her rescue. A widowed single mother, Alyssa has moved to Rainbow Lake to build a future for her young sons in the big-hearted Wisconsin seaside town. And she's getting a warm welcome from Ben, a crusading reporter struggling to raise his daughter. With his help, Alyssa starts to believe that anything is possible-even second chances. But are Ben and Alyssa finally ready to trust each other with a love that can make two families one?
The toddler in Jessica Chandler's arms is Dr. Peter Sheridan's spitting image. Down to the auburn hair, dark brown eyes, cleft chin-and small birthmark on his jaw. Peter had no idea he had a child. Or that the baby's mother passed on, and his son was being raised by her twin sister, Jessie. A workaholic with few personal ties, Peter has no clue how to be a father. Though Jessie fears he'll take the boy away, she's willing to show Peter how to be there for his son. But can she open her heart to this instant daddy, as well?
Love Inspired brings you three new titles for one great price, available now for a limited time only from August 1 to August 31! Enjoy these uplifting contemporary romances of faith, forgiveness and hope. This Love Inspired bundle includes Healing Hearts by Margaret Daley, Rocky Coast Romance by Mia Ross and Daddy Next Door by Carol Voss.Look for 6 new inspirational stories every month from Love Inspired!
How do you tell someone he's a father-ten years too late? Maggie McGuire never thought she'd see her first love, Tony Stefano, again. Not since he left town for a life of adventure. When he returns to help care for his grandmother, Tony and Maggie clash on what's best for the elderly woman. Despite their squabbles, it's obvious that time and distance didn't destroy their love. But can the truth? With God's help, they'll discover the real meaning of family...and whether young love can last forever.
LOVE LOST......AND FOUNDWhen widow Nan Kramer was forced to confront her son Justin's delinquency, she didn't know where to turn. Two years as a single mom had pushed her to her limits. But then an old friend arrived on her doorstep, offering a shoulder to cry on and much, much more....Guilt-ridden at surviving the shoot-out that took their husband and father, David Elliot had watched over the Kramers from a distance. He'd always known that cops and families don't mix, yet when he agreed to counsel Justin, he was irresistibly drawn to Nan's quiet beauty and inner strength. David longed for a permanent relationship, but was he willing to face his fears for a chance to be a family man?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.