- Table View
- List View
Intended for biology and social science students, this two-semester textbook explains Newtonian mechanics, the physics of fluid, heat and thermodynamics, wave motion and sound, the concepts of electricity and magnetism, the properties of light, relativity, and quantum physics. The eighth edition eliminates superfluous worked examples and adds sections on thermal processes and magnetic materials. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
While physics can seem challenging, its true quality is the sheer simplicity of fundamental physical theories--theories and concepts that can enrich your view of the world around you. COLLEGE PHYSICS, Tenth Edition, provides a clear strategy for connecting those theories to a consistent problem-solving approach, carefully reinforcing this methodology throughout the text and connecting it to real-world examples. For students planning to take the MCAT exam, the text includes exclusive test prep and review tools to help you prepare.
Serway (emeritus, James Madison U. ) and Vuille (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U.) update yet again their textbook for a one-year introduction to physics for majors in biology, the health professions, environmental and social sciences, and technical fields such architecture. It uses algebra, geometry, and trigonometry but not calculus. The goal is for students to acquire a clear and logical understanding of the basic concepts and principles of physics, and some idea about how those can be applied to, and demonstrated from, aspects of daily life. This edition is fully integrated with Enhanced WebAssign. It covers mechanics, thermodynamics, vibrations and waves, electricity and magnetism, light and optics, and modern physics. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE PHYSICS is a streamlined version of Serway's market-leading College Physics text, using the same clear and logical presentation of the concepts and principles but providing a slimmer and more affordable alternative for instructors looking to focus on the core concepts. By integrating the guiding principles of physics education research and including unique just-in-time quantitative problem-solving features, the text strikes a balance between problem-solving support and conceptual understanding.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.