- Table View
- List View
Intended for biology and social science students, this two-semester textbook explains Newtonian mechanics, the physics of fluid, heat and thermodynamics, wave motion and sound, the concepts of electricity and magnetism, the properties of light, relativity, and quantum physics. The eighth edition eliminates superfluous worked examples and adds sections on thermal processes and magnetic materials. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Serway (emeritus, James Madison U. ) and Vuille (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U.) update yet again their textbook for a one-year introduction to physics for majors in biology, the health professions, environmental and social sciences, and technical fields such architecture. It uses algebra, geometry, and trigonometry but not calculus. The goal is for students to acquire a clear and logical understanding of the basic concepts and principles of physics, and some idea about how those can be applied to, and demonstrated from, aspects of daily life. This edition is fully integrated with Enhanced WebAssign. It covers mechanics, thermodynamics, vibrations and waves, electricity and magnetism, light and optics, and modern physics. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.