- Table View
- List View
From the Book Jacket: Sally Wagner grew up in Prairie Village, Kan., and received a B.A. in English from Grinnell College. She taught high school English in Lakewood, Colorado, and re ceived an M.A. in journalism from the University of Colorado. She turned from teaching to journalism, but within months came the first signs of what led to blindness three years later. With Andy, her golden retriever dog guide from the Seeing Eye, she took a public relations post, returned to reporting and collected the anecdotes which drew her back to Prairie Village to write this book. Wagner, 42, now covers a police beat for the Kansas City Times from her Prairie Village apartment.
This book outlines the history of the Haudenosaunee influence on feminists such as Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucretia Mott, and Matilda Joslyn Gage.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.