- Table View
- List View
The single most internationally read and referenced text in sports medicine, exercise science, and health and fitness, this manual succinctly summarizes recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased individuals. This gold-standard text is a convenient, one-stop resource for the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAS) that must be mastered by candidates for all ACSM certifications. Written by international experts in numerous fields, the Eighth Edition is fully compatible with newly released physical activity guidelines from the United States Department of Health and Human Services and state-of-the-art, research-based recommendations. A companion Website for instructors will offer a test generator, an image bank, PowerPoint slides, and a Web CT/Black Board-Ready Course Cartridge. A student Website will offer the fully searchable text.
Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, this Third Edition continues to recognize the Personal Trainer as a professional in the continuum of creating healthy lifestyles. ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer provides the tools and scientific evidence needed to create safe and effective exercise programs. It also acts as the official preparation book for the ACSM Personal Trainer certification exam. Providing essential information for both beginning and experienced Personal Trainers, this text provides an introduction to the profession along with coverage of exercise physiology, biomechanics, anatomy, motor learning, and nutrition. The Personal Trainer will learn how to establish goals for clients and how to assess strength, flexibility, and risk as well as develop resistance, cardio respiratory, and flexibility training programs. This edition features a new section dedicated exclusively to Behavior Modification and new and updated color photographs. Important concepts are now highlighted for easy review and reference. A companion website offers student and faculty resources including fully searchable online text, an Image Bank, PowerPoint slides, a Test Generator, and Lesson Plans.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.