- Table View
- List View
Walter Wangerin, Jr. practically gives advice in the various stages of marriage in As For Me and My House. Defining when marriage begins, how to start off the journey in a positive way, working through cultural ideals which are false, problems, adultery, forgiveness, and healing, all steps are covered in this guide.
Here is the story of the Bible from beginning to end as you've never read it before, retold with exciting detail and passionate energy by master storyteller Walter Wangerin Jr. The Book of God reads like a fine novel, dramatizing the sweep of biblical events, making the men and women of this ancient book come alive in vivid detail and dialogue. From Abraham wandering in the desert to Jesus teaching the multitudes on a Judean hillside, this award-winning best-seller follows the biblical story in chronological order. Priests and kings, apostles and prophets, common folk and charismatic leaders -- individual stories offer glimpses into an unfolding revelation that reaches across the centuries to touch us today.
The most popular children's Bible story series in the world! Generations of Christian children have learned the Bible through the lively poems of Arch Books. Parents trust these colorful books to teach their children Bible stories from Genesis through Acts in a fun, memorable way. The Arch Books series of 100 titles is conveniently divided into 8 sections that include related stories for an organized journey through the Bible.
Reliving the Passion: Meditations on the Suffering, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus As Recorded in the Gospel of Markby Walter Wangerin
"The story gets personal for every reader, for this is indeed our story, the story whereby we personally have been saved from such a death as Jesus died. No, there is not another tale in the world more meaningful than this. Here is where we all take our stands against sin and death and Satan, upon this historical, historic event. I considered it a holy privilege to participate in its telling. "Read this book slowly. Read it with a seeing faith. Walk the way with Jesus. We, his followers of later centuries, do follow even now. Read, walk, come, sigh, live. Live! Rise again!" --Walter Wangerin, Jr.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.