- Table View
- List View
The single most internationally read and referenced text in sports medicine, exercise science, and health and fitness, this manual succinctly summarizes recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased individuals. This gold-standard text is a convenient, one-stop resource for the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAS) that must be mastered by candidates for all ACSM certifications. Written by international experts in numerous fields, the Eighth Edition is fully compatible with newly released physical activity guidelines from the United States Department of Health and Human Services and state-of-the-art, research-based recommendations. A companion Website for instructors will offer a test generator, an image bank, PowerPoint slides, and a Web CT/Black Board-Ready Course Cartridge. A student Website will offer the fully searchable text.
Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, this Third Edition continues to recognize the Personal Trainer as a professional in the continuum of creating healthy lifestyles. ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer provides the tools and scientific evidence needed to create safe and effective exercise programs. It also acts as the official preparation book for the ACSM Personal Trainer certification exam. Providing essential information for both beginning and experienced Personal Trainers, this text provides an introduction to the profession along with coverage of exercise physiology, biomechanics, anatomy, motor learning, and nutrition. The Personal Trainer will learn how to establish goals for clients and how to assess strength, flexibility, and risk as well as develop resistance, cardio respiratory, and flexibility training programs. This edition features a new section dedicated exclusively to Behavior Modification and new and updated color photographs. Important concepts are now highlighted for easy review and reference. A companion website offers student and faculty resources including fully searchable online text, an Image Bank, PowerPoint slides, a Test Generator, and Lesson Plans.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.