- Table View
- List View
Before Bobby Pendragon. Before Saint Dane. Before the war . . . Every territory of Halla has a Traveler. They lived for years-some even for decades-before learning of their true destiny. What was life like for Bobby Pendragon's fellow Travelers before they joined him in the fight to save every time and place that has ever existed? What led up to their becoming the guardians of Halla? The answers are here! In this first of three thrilling Pendragon prequels, read about Vo Spader's death-defying adventures in the underwater world of Cloral, Gunny Van Dyke's race to find a murderer in 1930's Manhattan on First Earth, and the tough challenges Kasha faced on Eelong well before Bobby Pendragon arrived . . .
In this follow-up to "Fake ID," Chastity and her mother have just settled in San Francisco, where Chass is starting her own band. When a pop star is killed, Chass gets involved in the dangerous underground club scene to solve the murder.
When Jessica Sternhagen walks into a bookstore and finds a volume entitled Her Life waiting for her, she thinks it's a joke. Who left the book for her? And shouldn't the title be Her Life? This printer's error turns out to be the first in a series of bizarre happenings. As Jessica reads, she realizes life is about to radically change. This stunning thriller by master storyteller Walter Sorrells raises as many questions as it answers about the power of books, the importance of free thought, and the potential our decisions have to change and even save the world.
On the night of Chastity's 16th birthday, her mother disappears. Police find blood matching her mother's DNA, but Chass doesn't believe her mother is dead. If Chass can't find her mother in six days, she'll be placed in foster care--or murdered first.
Two years ago, David Crandall's mother was murdered and with little evidence, no witnesses, and no motive, the crime was left unsolved. Now a high school senior, David is unable to shake the sense that someone knows more than they're letting on. His suspicion deepens as he uncovers clues to a scandalous family secret involving embezzlement. But when he spies his father burying an old rifle in a deserted lot during a rainstorm, suspicion turns to fear. Is his own father the killer? Critically acclaimed author Walter Sorrells crafts a shocking and fast-paced thriller inspired by a local newspaper headline.
When Eric breaks the camp lighter and the fire goes out, the castaways are in real trouble. That fire is their source of heat, smoke signals, and, most importantly, clean water. No one is having much luck getting the fire going, but when Jackson gets very sick from drinking unsanitized water, the heat is really on. Can they get the fire lit again before it's too late for one of their own?
Just months after his father's death, Oz's mother has married a controlling, brutal man. But nothing prepares Oz for getting framed for drug possession. Or being abducted as his mother looks on. Oz soon learns the dark truth: his stepfather is behind it all. But why?
Before they landed on a remote desert island, the survivors of Flight 29 Down weren't necessarily friends. Some of them were friendly, some were healthy competitors, and some were ... just plain strangers. Get the back-story on television's hottest group of tween castaways in this original prequel.
Back in the real world, Abby was passive and mellow, but the need to survive changes people. While Daley and the others are safe at the campsite, Abby is roughing it in the jungle--no more yoga for this girl. When Abby returns to camp for a second time and challenges everything they have built, Daley expects the group to cling to the status quo but she couldn't be more wrong. Abby is ready to take action, and she's not the only one.
Airing on "Discovery Kids" on NBC and the Discovery Kids Channel, "Flight 59 Down" now has a paperback fiction prequel that shows how the castaways first met.
A teacher is found dead in a whiteout blizzard. If Chass doesn't act fast, she could be next. Whiteout continues the story of Chastity, who has been on the run with her mother for as long as she can remember. Stumbling through a whiteout blizzard in Greenville, Minnesota, Chass trips over a dead body, and then sees a mysterious man disappear into the storm. With her haunted past, Chass knows all about running from killers, and she is sure that Kyle Van Epps is back. But Chass is sick of running, and if she hopes to ever have a normal life again, she has only one choice: find the killer before the killer finds her.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.