- Table View
- List View
The most reliable and widely used personal health text, Connect Core Concepts in Health utilizes the theme of personal responsibility to teach and motivate students about health and wellness. The twelfth edition provides current, accurate, scientifically based information about a wealth of health and wellness topics and issues. Connect Personal Health is now seamlessly and deeply integrated with Blackboard and Blackboard related course management systems. Connect is an interactive online learning system that provides interactive multimedia-driven activities and assessments, such as interactive quizzes, video activities, health assessments, Internet research activities, online behavior change workbook, a fitness and nutrition log, and a multimedia ebook. Most activities and assessments are auto graded, entered into the grade book, and automatically uploaded to blackboard. This saves you time, holds your students accountable, and allows for seamless Course Management integration. Only one sign-on is needed for access to Blackboard and Connect, the grade book is integrated, and much much more. To address today's students' need for more portable, more relevant classroom tools, we are providing the book in a three-hole punched, loose-leaf version. Ask your rep for the correct ISBN to also provide each student full access to Connect Plus and the multimedia e-book at no extra charge with each copy of the loose-leaf text.
This book designed to motivate students to take their health seriously. It helps them understand why they should make healthy choices and how they can change unhealthy patterns. And it gives them to tools to do it.
Incorporating fitness and wellness into one's daily life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.