- Table View
- List View
When Belle Prater disappears, her son, Woodrow, comes to live with his grandparents in Coal Station, Virginia. His cousin, Gypsy, lives next door. She has secrets of her own. They find that they have a lot in common. A Newbery Honor Book.
In 1955, a 13-year-old Lyric finds her whole life changing when her family moves from the hills of Virginia to Flint, Michigan and her older sister Summer begins descending into mental illness. A touching story of love and how schizophrenia affects the family.
Tad, the guitar playing cousin of the Collins sisters, suddenly shows up and sees a spirit and talent in the youngest Carolina. Carolina and her kin will do anything to protect their Tadpole from his abusive uncle Mathew.
Do we all have guides? Who are they, and what do they do? In WORKING WITH SPIRIT GUIDES, bestselling author Ruth White explains all you need to know about these special beings: What their purpose in our lives is; how to identify and communicate with them; and what to expect from them. Ruth tells her own amazing story and those of others, and includes easy-to-follow exercises for activating your sensitivity and intuition and helping you on the path to inner wisdom. You will discover how to: * recognise and communicate with your guide * increase your awareness through meditation * ask the right questions and receive the right answers * work with your dreams and intuition * guard against false guidance * find your sense of purpose and follow your destiny.
While Meggie and David Blue are from another planet, they're a lot like Earth kids, with similar hopes and dreams, and can't wait to grow up. BUT they also have GROSSLY UNIQUE qualities, such as blue streaks in their hair that pop up randomly and language skills that sound like nothing on this planet. The story takes these alien kids, along with their mother and grandfather, by accident, to a far planet in which the society is not only oppressive but hostile to individual freedom. People are kept submissive through drugs and brainwashing. The Blues, who have spent time in free societies recognize the upside-down-ness of this world. They're almost helpless to do anything, but do what they can, plan their escape, and vow to help others.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.