- Table View
- List View
When Belle Prater disappears, her son, Woodrow, comes to live with his grandparents in Coal Station, Virginia. His cousin, Gypsy, lives next door. She has secrets of her own. They find that they have a lot in common. A Newbery Honor Book.
In 1955, a 13-year-old Lyric finds her whole life changing when her family moves from the hills of Virginia to Flint, Michigan and her older sister Summer begins descending into mental illness. A touching story of love and how schizophrenia affects the family.
Tad, the guitar playing cousin of the Collins sisters, suddenly shows up and sees a spirit and talent in the youngest Carolina. Carolina and her kin will do anything to protect their Tadpole from his abusive uncle Mathew.
Do we all have guides? Who are they, and what do they do? In WORKING WITH SPIRIT GUIDES, bestselling author Ruth White explains all you need to know about these special beings: What their purpose in our lives is; how to identify and communicate with them; and what to expect from them. Ruth tells her own amazing story and those of others, and includes easy-to-follow exercises for activating your sensitivity and intuition and helping you on the path to inner wisdom. You will discover how to: * recognise and communicate with your guide * increase your awareness through meditation * ask the right questions and receive the right answers * work with your dreams and intuition * guard against false guidance * find your sense of purpose and follow your destiny.
While Meggie and David Blue are from another planet, they're a lot like Earth kids, with similar hopes and dreams, and can't wait to grow up. BUT they also have GROSSLY UNIQUE qualities, such as blue streaks in their hair that pop up randomly and language skills that sound like nothing on this planet. The story takes these alien kids, along with their mother and grandfather, by accident, to a far planet in which the society is not only oppressive but hostile to individual freedom. People are kept submissive through drugs and brainwashing. The Blues, who have spent time in free societies recognize the upside-down-ness of this world. They're almost helpless to do anything, but do what they can, plan their escape, and vow to help others.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.