- Table View
- List View
Metalwork Technology and Practice provides a comprehensive introduction to metal fabrication technology, It is intended as a textbook for entry level courses that provide laboratory experiences in metal fabrication. It also may be used as a reference book in metal product manufacturing courses or exercises. For the Eighth Edition, each unit has been revised as needed to reflect current practice, The application of mathematics and science to metal processing has been emphasized, and a new Section on Metal Product Manufacturing has been added, The product section has also been revised and expanded, and now includes several new products designed for production on numerically controlled machine tools. The traditional features of the book have been retained. The reading level is as low as practicable for a metalworking technical book of this level. Tech¬nical terms are in boldface type, and a list of them is provided at the end of each unit. A glossary of technical terms is also provided at the end of the text to aid student development of technical vocabulary. The review questions at the end of each unit also provides students with a convenient way to check their knowledge of each topic.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.