- Table View
- List View
Do You Need Teeth Replacement? Are you missing a tooth? Several teeth? If so, perhaps you're like many individuals--you already wear a bridge or dentures or are considering them. But have you considered dental implants? They are "permanent teeth" that are inserted into the jawbone and function like natural teeth. They offer a more natural appearance and greater comfort than bridges or dentures. Although the trend toward dental implants is growing rapidly, you, like many consumers, may not fully understand how they work. The doctors who wrote this book recognized the need for consumer information. All specialists in dental implants, they provide answers to such questions as: * What are the benefits of dental implants? * Who is a candidate for dental implants? * How are the implants inserted? * Are the procedures painful? * How long do implants last? * Are there risks or possible complications? * How do you choose a qualified dentist or specialist? * What follow-up care is required? Your Complete Guide to Dental Implants
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.