- Table View
- List View
A true story about sports, faith, and redemption, compliments of one season with the New York Yankees. Author William Fredrick Cooper has experienced the loss of employment, painful character assaults on his literary journey and the painful truth that he must reinvent his life. Humbling himself before God and allowing the painful process of spiritual and emotional growth, an amazing journey begins. Taking a job as a maintenance attendant during the inaugural season at the new Yankee Stadium, his dreams start to come true. Connecting with colleagues, celebrities and players while rekindling a childhood love of sports, Cooper moves on from pain and loss with a championship season for the ages. In One Season (in Pinstripes), Cooper blends a sportswriter's command of facts, real-life perspectives from a spiritual standpoint, the inside knowledge of a historian and the passion of a believer in faith to weave a sensational tale of satisfaction of a fan who can realize the ultimate dream.
In the spirit of Blackgentelmen.com come five sensual novellas about the excitement -- and danger -- of meeting someone online. Welcome to Sistergirls.com, where men can meet the women of their dreams. Making a selection is just a beginning -- these ladies are more than mere images, and getting to know them is the really fun part. But just like most things, looks can be deceiving. And while the guys who take this plunge think they're in for the adventure of a lifetime, some of them are headed for the worst nightmare. Gathering five dramatically different voices between two covers, these stories travel the tantalizing crossroads between romance and cyberspace. As today's world of dating expands beyond the traditional dinner-and-movie to the vast realm of Internet, this collection offers a timely and exciting glimpses into the adventures of cyber-relationships. NOVELLAS INCLUDE: "You Are Making Me Wet" by Earl Sewell "Life Happens" by Rique Johnson "The Wanting" by Michael Presley "Somewhere Between Love and Sarcasm" by V. Anthony Rivers "Legal Days, Lonely Nights" by William Fredrick Cooper
Just after midnight on a bitterly cold Thursday in January, William McCall is stumbling down an icy Manhattan street, wondering when things started to go wrong. As he makes his way to an empty subway station, he begins piecing together the events and relationships that have led him to this moment -- alone, ashamed, and kicked out into the cold -- and suddenly realizes that he wants to become a better man. Over the next six days, William will examine the events that led to his downward spiral...and, if he can finally confront the feelings that he has kept buried, restore his faith in himself.
The eagerly anticipated sequel to William Fredrick Cooper's wildly acclaimed debut novel, Six Days in January, is a powerful, heartfelt tale that will resonate with readers everywhere. In Six Days in January, William Fredrick Cooper shed light on the insecurities and fears of African-American men through the experiences of his enigmatic protagonist William McCall. As There's Always a Reason opens, William has experienced another emotional heartbreak at the hands of a woman. When he loses his job, too, William finds himself battling just to survive. Then he meets Linda Woodson, who begins to restore his faith in all areas of life, illustrating through example that a woman of enormous strength can teach a man the true meaning of love. There's Always a Reason is an uplifting and emotional journey into the complex workings of the human heart and its ability to triumph over despair.
From the critically acclaimed author of Six Days in January and There's Always a Reason, this eagerly anticipated novel follows one man's emotional journey to find love and triumph over despair.It's Valentine's Day; seven years ago, William McCall lost Linda Woodson--the woman who restored his faith and hope. Still grieving her death, he drowns his sorrows at a local bar in Manhattan, when a new woman enters his life... Keisha Gray is a Michigan schoolteacher visiting the Big Apple, and when she first meets William, they bond over their shared love for Michael Jackson. Soon they connect over much more and set out on a journey to heal their broken pasts. William is still trying to get over his heartbreak, while Keisha is on a journey to rediscover her self-worth after the double murder of her parents. The couple travels through New York, South Carolina, and Michigan to sort through their pasts and renew their faith in God, life, and love. Highly emotional and embedded with powerful messages, Unbreakable is a love ballad that explores adversity, human connection, and what it takes to heal a broken heart.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.