- Table View
- List View
The epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor and its downstream signal transduction networks have been implicated in the ontology and maintenance of tumor tissues, which has motivated the discovery and development of molecularly targeted anti-EGFR therapies. Edited by John Haley and William J. Gullick, EGFR Signaling Networks in Cancer Therapy, is separated into two sections. The first of which probes the molecular pathways and the intersection of signaling networks which are frequently deregulated in human cancers, with a view to describing EGF receptor in a tumor tissue specific context. Meanwhile, the second section illustrates the many ways in which EGF receptor contribute to abnormal survival and migration signaling in cancer cells and to epithelial to mesenchymal transition and metastasis. The book also describes the mitogenic, survival, adhesive and migratory pathways within a framework of interacting subsystems that contribute to the activity and physiological regulation of the receptor in normal and neoplastic tissues. Even though there is still much to learn, this volume explores this fascinating system with compelling information.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.