- Table View
- List View
This text contains unit lessons of: From the Earliest Days, A New Nation, The Civil War and Its Aftermath, Regionalism and Realism, Beginnings of the Modern Age, Midcentury Voices, and Into the Twenty-First Century.
Textbook on American literature.
Glencoe Literature is designed to meet the needs of today's classroom and has been developed with careful attention to instructional planning for teachers, strategic reading support, and universal access to meet the learning needs of all students.
Designed to meet the needs of today's classroom, Glencoe Literature has been developed with careful attention to instructional planning for teachers, strategic reading support, and universal access that meets the learning needs of all students.
Literature textbook with selections from Africa; Ancient Greece and Rome; Southwest and South Central Asia; East Asia and the Pacific; Europe; and the Americas.
Glencoe's new collection of ethnic anthologies gives students access to a wealth of literature written by some of the best classic authors and the finest contemporary voices. Each anthology, organized thematically into five relevant themes, combines literature and art as powerful expressions of the group's cultural story. Glencoe Native American Literature features the works of writers like William Least Heat-Moon, Leslie Marmon Silko, Michael Dorris, N. Scott Momaday, and many more!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.