- Table View
- List View
A convenient, cost-effective opportunity to alleviating the stiffness, lack of mobility, and decreased daily function that result from chronic back pain. Back pain is no small issue. In the US, acute lower back pain is the fifth leading cause for doctor visits. About 9 out of 10 adults experience back pain at some point in their lives, and 5 out of 10 working adults suffer from back pain at some point every year.Exercises for Back Pain helps you to understand the root cause of your discomfort, how back pain affects on your overall health and well being, and practical exercises you can use to treat the pain. It includes rehabilitative exercise regimes for both men and women who suffer from back pain or those who have undergone back surgery. Exercises for Back Pain features:* Up-to-date clinical treatments on back pain* Specific exercises that strengthen the back* A training log to track your progressEasy-to-follow photograph sequences with clear instructions make the healing process a simpler one. Written by Wiliam Smith, MS, NSCA, CSCS, MEPD, Exercises for Back Pain will help you to achieve a healthier, happier, more productive life.
Fight the statistics of heart disease with an expert's help.Heart disease is the #1 health problem for both women and men in the United States. Physical inactivity is a major risk factor for heart disease and is linked to heart failure. Exercise is essential for a healthy heart, especially if you are at risk for or are recovering from heart disease.The latest book in the Hatherleigh Press "Exercises For" series, Exercises for Heart Health features an easy to follow exercise plan for both cardiac health and muscle strength. The book reviews the causes of heart disease, the affects of heart disease on your overall health and well being, and practical exercise routines for treatment. Exercises for Heart Health also features:* Up-to-date analyses of clinical treatments on heart disease* Daily exercise recommendations* A training log to track your progress. With clearly photographed exercises in easy-to-follow sequences and complete instructions, Exercises for Heart Health is a comprehensive visual resource. Written by Wiliam Smith, MS, NSCA, CSCS, MEPD, this book a useful, and possibly life-saving, reference to better health.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.