- Table View
- List View
A convenient, cost-effective opportunity to alleviating the stiffness, lack of mobility, and decreased daily function that result from chronic back pain. Back pain is no small issue. In the US, acute lower back pain is the fifth leading cause for doctor visits. About 9 out of 10 adults experience back pain at some point in their lives, and 5 out of 10 working adults suffer from back pain at some point every year.Exercises for Back Pain helps you to understand the root cause of your discomfort, how back pain affects on your overall health and well being, and practical exercises you can use to treat the pain. It includes rehabilitative exercise regimes for both men and women who suffer from back pain or those who have undergone back surgery. Exercises for Back Pain features:* Up-to-date clinical treatments on back pain* Specific exercises that strengthen the back* A training log to track your progressEasy-to-follow photograph sequences with clear instructions make the healing process a simpler one. Written by Wiliam Smith, MS, NSCA, CSCS, MEPD, Exercises for Back Pain will help you to achieve a healthier, happier, more productive life.
Fight the statistics of heart disease with an expert's help.Heart disease is the #1 health problem for both women and men in the United States. Physical inactivity is a major risk factor for heart disease and is linked to heart failure. Exercise is essential for a healthy heart, especially if you are at risk for or are recovering from heart disease.The latest book in the Hatherleigh Press "Exercises For" series, Exercises for Heart Health features an easy to follow exercise plan for both cardiac health and muscle strength. The book reviews the causes of heart disease, the affects of heart disease on your overall health and well being, and practical exercise routines for treatment. Exercises for Heart Health also features:* Up-to-date analyses of clinical treatments on heart disease* Daily exercise recommendations* A training log to track your progress. With clearly photographed exercises in easy-to-follow sequences and complete instructions, Exercises for Heart Health is a comprehensive visual resource. Written by Wiliam Smith, MS, NSCA, CSCS, MEPD, this book a useful, and possibly life-saving, reference to better health.
This book is intended for .NET developers with any level of experience and who are interested in building native applications without the hassle of becoming Objective-C or Java experts. Although it will be beneficial to have some development experience, particularly in .NET, Learning Xamarin help even a novice developer get past the headaches of setting up and customizing their new development environment so they can move on to producing high-quality native applications quickly.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.