- Table View
- List View
Studies show the most reliable scientific predictor of personality is birth order-your place among your siblings. The Birth Order Book of Loveis the first guide to consider this factor when finding the perfect mate. Why do firstborns often find romance with lastborns? Who's the worst match for an only child? Cane examines the 12 personality/birth order types (older brother of brothers, younger sister of sisters, etc. ), revealing why certain birth orders are more compatible and which ones can present communication challenges (and how to overcome them). Cane has analyzed the birth order of 6,000 celebrities, historical figures, and modern couples. Readers will learn what birth order says about them, which celebrity they'd be most compatible with, and who their best match is in real life.
Written by the leading authority on hormone receptors and prostate cancer, this reveals the surprising truth about how you can prevent and treat breast cancer, prostate cancer, and Alzheimer's with testosterone and other FDA-approved drugs. For decades, doctors have sought to combat prostate cancer under the mistaken assumption that testosterone fueled its growth. But the latest research into the nature of hormone receptors and therapies using bioidentical instead of synthetic hormones have caused a shift in thinking and new hope for treating this cancer with testosterone. Today the medical profession equates a diagnosis of Alzheimer's with a death sentence. In fact, the only thing doctors do is throw ineffective drugs at it and resign themselves to failure. For the first time, this book explains how testosterone can halt the disease and cure early-stage Alzheimer's. Similar breakthroughs for fighting breast cancer follow close on the heels of these revelations, outlining how the avoidance of synthetic progestins and the use of aromatase inhibitors are crucial tools in prevention and treatment. At the core of this book is the remarkable observation that we experience our highest hormone levels during our teen years-a time of life when there is no breast cancer, prostate cancer, or Alzheimer's. Could bringing hormones back to teen levels be the key to vibrant good health? The answer is a resounding yes. This thoroughly researched guide to the latest biomedical research is must-reading for medical professionals and anyone concerned about their health.
Want To Find Your Voice? Learn from the Best. Time and time again you've been told to find your own unique writing style, as if it were as simple as pulling it out of thin air. But finding your voice isn't easy, so where better to look than to the greatest writers of our time? Write Like the Mastersanalyzes the writing styles of twenty-one great novelists, including Charles Dickens, Edith Wharton, Franz Kafka, Flannery O'Connor, and Ray Bradbury. This fascinating and insightful guide shows you how to imitate the masters of literature and, in the process, learn advanced writing secrets to fire up your own work. You'll discover: Herman Melville's secrets for creating characters as memorable as Captain Ahab How to master point of view with techniques from Fyodor Dostoevesky Ways to pick up the pace by keeping your sentences lean like Ernest Hemingway The importance of sensual details from James Bond creator Ian Fleming How to add suspense to your story by following the lead of the master of horror, Stephen King Whether you're working on a unique voice for your next novel or you're a composition student toying with different styles, this guide will help you gain insight into the work of the masters through the rhetorical technique of imitation. Filled with practical, easy-to-apply advice,Write Like the Mastersis your key to understanding and using the proven techniques of history's greatest authors.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.