- Table View
- List View
The ômade in Chinaö label has long dominated the lower end of the US manufacturing industry, effectively squeezing it out of existence. That's old news. What most people don't know is that China's global reach now extends much further. Chinese companies have entered higher-end marketsùtechnology, financial services, transportation, energyùand are emerging as powerhouse multinationals. In the Shadow of the Dragon is a meticulously researched exposT of the most competitive companies in China. Based on interviews with Chinese business leaders and original case studies, the book provides: ò Profiles of key players ò Insights into subtle yet powerful strategies used to gain market dominance ò An understanding of the Chinese approach to going global ò Analysis of the Chinese way of innovation ò Advice on competing head-to-head or forming alliances with Chinese partners Part primer, part survival guide, In the Shadow of the Dragon is the first book to lay bare the challenges looming ahead.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.