- Table View
- List View
The original vampire Since its publication in 1897, Dracula continues to terrify readers with its depiction of a vampire with an insatiable thirst for blood and the group of hunters determined to end his existence before he destroys a young woman's soul.
In the years between 1929 and 1939, when Itzik Manger wrote most of the poetry and fiction that made him famous, his name among Yiddish readers was a household word. Called the Shelley of Yiddish, he was characterized as being "drunk with talent." This book - the first full-length anthology of Manger's work - displays the range of his genius in poetry, fiction, and criticism. The book begins with an extensive historical, biographical, and literary-critical introduction to Manger's work. The selections include excerpts from his novel The Book of Paradise, three short stories, autobiographical essays, critical essays and foremost, Manger's magnificent poetry - ballads, lyrics, and his bold retellings of the Midrash and Songs of the Megillah. These works, which have the patina of myths acquired ages ago also offer modern psychological insight and irrepressible humor. With Manger we make the leap into the Jewish twentieth century, as he re-creates the past in all its layered expressiveness and interprets it with modernist sensibilities. --BOOK JACKET. Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.