- Table View
- List View
The Neuronal Microenvironment
Patch-Clamp Analysis: Advanced Techniques describes in reproducible detail all applications that involve patch pipet. Beginning with updated basic patch-clamp techniques, the book presents the newest developments, ranging from fast external solution switching and the switching of the pipet solution during recording, to the loose patch, the perforated patch, and the patch cram detection technique. The advanced techniques covered combine molecular biology and imaging to produce the patch pipet with RT-PCR and fluorometric techniques.
Continuing the research of the best-selling first edition, this second edition collects three more years of research in the ever-expanding study of the cell membrane. It covers the latest developments in the "traditional" patch techniques. This authoritative second edition updates the standard techniques while introducing three brand new, cutting-edge technical advances in the field. Thorough and timely, this edition is an invaluable resource.
Patch-Clamp Applications and Protocols presents the broadest coverage of techniques for measuring and recording directly activity within a cell. The first part of the book offers modern developments associated with the technology of path-clamp electrodes, of cell-free ion-channel recording, and of the whole-cell patch clamp technique. Chapters on such recent offspring of the technique as the concentration clamp technique, the pressure clap method, and the perfusion of patch clamp electrodes are contributed by authors intimately involved with their development. Also covered is the loose patch-clamp technique, single-channel recording, the perforated patch-clamp technique, molecular biological aspects of the technique, and the use of the technique in brain slices. Every scientist working with path-clamp methods will find this protocols manual invaluable to their continued use and development of this powerful technique.
Practical Cell Culture Techniques focuses on the advantages of new tissue culture techniques that enable close and detailed study of many nerve cell types. Neuroscience is one of the key areas whose rapid development has been driven by the proliferation of cell culture methodology; some areas of neuroscience, such as glial cell biology and function, now depend almost entirely on cell culture-based research projects. This latest volume of Humana's renowned Neuromethods series provides practical treatment of the new, powerful methodologies and results including: cell culture techniques specifically designed for the novice * the environmental factors that play a role in tissue culturing * cell markers * nutrition requirements of the different cell types * three-dimensional organotypic slice explant cultures * neuronal cultures * cultures of astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, cerebral capillary endothelium, and other cell types. Boulton, Baker, and Walz's new volume on Practical Cell Culture Techniques is sure to be a major resource for everyone-whether expert or novice-involved in studying the central nervous system on the molecular level.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.