- Table View
- List View
The globalization approach challenges students to make critical comparisons between the regions of the world in order to understand them more fully. Examples of the sorts of topics used to accomplish these goals include: The rise of Islamic fundamentalism in SW Asia. Aboriginal groups using high-technology tools to forge common political survival strategies. The economic and political integration of the European Union, contrasted with micronationalism and the factionalism in Europe. Ethnic diversification in the face of strong participation in the global assembly line in SE Asia. The globalization and localization of beer consumption and production in the United States and Canada.
Students learn to think outside of the map Diversity Amid Globalization takes students on a journey into the connections and diversity between people and places-the contrasting regions of the world-within thematically organized regional chapters. With an arresting visual layout and new and updated content and maps throughout, the text maintains and strengthens its hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization, while encouraging students to participate in the material using a number of stimulating, interactive learning tools.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.