- Table View
- List View
The Antioxidant Prescription: How to Use the Power of Antioxidants to Prevent Disease and Stay Healthy for Lifeby Bryce Wylde
Dr. Bryce Wylde, one of Canada's most popular and respected health care practitioners, gives us individualized step-by-step treatment plans to fight disease and stay healthy.In The Antioxidant Prescription, homeopathic doctor and nutritionist Bryce Wylde addresses what science has discovered to be the true underlying cause of disease: free radicals. These deadly little molecules have many causes, from injury and stress to environmental toxins, genetic predisposition and even the natural by-products of your body's metabolism. Free radicals cause oxidation, a process that damages cells and can lead to rapid aging, heart disease, Alzheimer's and even cancer. We all make free radicals. Some people, however, produce them at alarming levels, and those who do are almost certain to battle disease and live shorter, unhealthier lives.Luckily, free radical damage can be avoided. Antioxidants stop free radicals form damaging other cells in your body and protect you against disease. With The Antioxidant Prescription, Dr. Wylde enables you to recognize the warning signs of free radical damage and make an accurate assessment of your body's free radical load. He'll introduce you to the medical testing available to determine whether you will benefit from high dose antioxidant therapy as well as the new research around mind over health matters. With his help, you will be able to design and implement a customized antioxidant plan based on your age, lifestyle, environment, stress levels and medical history.As always, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. With The Antioxidant Prescription you'll be equipped with tools to take preventive action against conditions that lurk within your genetic code. This book is the perfect prescription for lasting health.From the Hardcover edition.
The value of living healthily is indisputable, but what exactly can we do in our daily lives to be our healthiest self? In his new book, Bryce Wylde sets out to answer that question. He sorts out the confusing terminology used to describe natural medicine and leads us through a process of discovery about our own real state of health by showing how state-of-the-art self-testing now permits us to properly assess where we're vulnerable and where we're not. Whether you are worried about a vitamin deficiency or wonder if you're lacking the "feel good" brain hormone serotonin -- or even if you just want to ensure you're not wasting your money on supplements -- you'll learn what simple steps to take to test yourself. Wylde surveys and individually rates an array of present-day natural remedies from a no-nonsense, evidence-based perspective. He takes us on a guided tour of today's hottest health trends, highlighting what is good and steering us away from what is dubious (or outright snake oil). Underlying Wylde's ratings is the very latest research -- and he makes it clear that in the face of the astronomical rise in disease and the ubiquity of nutrient-devoid foods, we have no choice but to supplement our diets with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants if we want to live to our fullest potential. Finally, Wylde on Health explores how we will increasingly use the strategic supplementation he recommends to redress genetic predispositions -- the future of preventative health care.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.